[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to tactfully end a conversation with a guy for good? Say
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
How to tactfully end a conversation with a guy for good?

Say I'm texting/messaging a guy and I realize I don't want to chat with him anymore.
What do I say? It seems so out of the blue. I've done it a couple times but it feels so awkward and out of place.

How do you make it clear that you don't want to hear from them again? I've turned guys down and they kept being chatty, trying to be friends. I don't want to be their friend. I have a hard enough time keeping up with the few close friends I have.

How do I phase it?
>>
honestly guys complain about it, but ghosting is in fact the best answer.

Nobody wants to be told out of the blue that they're unattractive and you won't consider dating them (which is the only thing anyone would ever hear from that). People who complain about that are simply emotionally immature; it's a matter of politeness.
>>
Tell him you're transgender
>>
"sorry you are not my type"

when they try to talk to you again say
"sorry you are not my type'

when they call you a bitch and said they just wana talk say
"sorry, I'm not interested in that'

then ignore.
>>
>>16615532
>ghosting is in fact the best answer.
I've gone both ways and I've had some pretty nasty things said to me for ghosting.

>>16615560
I mean, it seems like it'd be effective, but in the same sense that saying "fuck off and never speak to me again" is effective.

Is there a way to do it more politely? And how to bring it up?

Like, I have an okay conversation with them yesterday, and today they say "Good morning!" I'm supposed to just respond, "Sorry, you're not my type"? I feel like that'd just throw them off and confuse them.
>>
>>16615572

in my opinion 'sorry you are not my type' IS the polite way. dont get me wrong, it sucks that its skewed so much that girls have to be the one to turn down boys.

but that doesnt make it your job to hold someones hands through it. you dont owe them anything. i understand it sucks, ive been there to. there are times a guy messages me and that day i just randomly decided they are not worth the time.

trying to be too polite will only end up in them trying again under the guise of 'lul were just friends :D'

if you dont want to throw it out randomly just add
'good morning. hey man, i hate to say this, but i just dont think you're my type and i dont want to lead you on. I think it would be best if we dont talk anymore'

you gotta remember that this is rejection. there is no GOOD way to do this. this gets the job done without being mean. anyone who takes it personally has their own issues.
>>
>>16615527
>>16615585
>hey man, i hate to say this, but i just dont think you're my type and i dont want to lead you on. I think it would be best if we dont talk anymore
Probably the best way you can do it, too nice and you're not being clear, too mean and that could lead to trouble.
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 500x737) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 500x737
>tfw beta orbiter
>>
Just ghost it's not hard
>>
>>16615611
Shit, now being a pussy has a new word ?
>>
>>16615632
Are you a woman? Ghosting is your only answer if everything else is too hard for you, pussy.
>>
File: 1434738187800.jpg (179 KB, 732x644) Image search: [Google]
1434738187800.jpg
179 KB, 732x644
>>16615636
Is ghosting the new tumblr niggerdom euphemism?
>>
>>16615636
And that was exactly what i meant, what are you on..
>>
>>16615585
>>16615599
Thanks guys, this feels like a good technique.

I would like to hear more opinions, since I know this is kind of a contested subject.
>>
>>16615641
I always called it "fading out" or "cutting contact" so I just used ghosting because I thought that was the proper term for it
>>
post screen cap of the convo i want to see his beta heartbreak
>>
>>16615683
No thanks.
And this is more for a general question on how do deal with this kind of situation, not for a specific situation.
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 1136x385) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 1136x385
>>16615683
>>
>>16615693
Damn, son
>>
>>16615708
Lol. Yeah, I can understand just stopping because really a lot of guys turn aggressive or get clingy but being straight up, saying it's best we don't talk. I know what you mean, the fact is, you're not looking for friends, so just say that too.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.