[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Decided to stop smoking the last week, after roughly 13 years.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 600x515) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 600x515
Decided to stop smoking the last week, after roughly 13 years. I promised myself I would forget cigarettes, but fighting the urge to go outside and buy a pack is getting really difficult tonight. This is not /adv/ material maybe, I'm just looking for attention, a kind word, some motivation. Being alone (gf is out of the town for a couple days) amplifies my need for smoke tenfold, but I really want to succeed this time.
>>
>I promised myself I would forget cigarettes
I tell people quite often that there's no such thing as "quitting smoking." You don't quit. You just stop for a while. Hopefully it's a very long while. But the notion that this is just going to stop being a part of you is bogus. You will always be ready to become a smoker again. Sometimes the taste and smell will come back to you out of nowhere and you'll be craving it, too. This is the reality of your life going forward.

>some motivation
You'll really, really regret the cigarette after you finish it. The aftertaste will bother you. The stink on your fingertips will disgust you. It's not because of some chemical reason. It's because you'll realize that those aren't the things you were chasing. You wanted the old feeling but it turned to ash in 3 minutes. Now you're just sitting there with a shit-tasting mouth and a stinky hand all night.

Being an ex-smoker means that you have to get good at saying "no." You're going to be doing it for the rest of your life, even though the thing you miss is so easy to get. That kind of discipline takes practice. You have to start somewhere. Start here.
>>
Cravings don't last that long, that's all it is. A voice in your head telling you it ain't that bad if you light up, just remember you don't want to. Keep reminding yourself, because you will regret it, you'll get back into that "smoke em' if you got em' mentality" It's one tonight, then in the morning, than after lunch and so on. You got this.
>>
Dude, I know there's a lot of stigma around it right now, but a lot of my family is having a way easier time with those E-vapes.

My family only gets the juices from in the United states, and shops that are willing to vape their own products. You could also go organic, and get bottles with limited ingredients that you can look up and read what they are. I personally think they are safer that the crap you are smoking in cigarettes, and they are cheaper.

If you decide to go that route, I suggest the more boxy type one than the pen, and start off the nicotine setting at six. It hits different than cigarettes and takes some getting used to.

My fiance got an awesome setup for about $160.
>>
>>16614871
From what I gather the stigma is based around two bits of ignorance, one of which you touched on:
1) You have to be a gullible idiot to buy the suspect Chinese-origin juice with garbage in it. 30 seconds on Google will take you to message boards which tell you exactly how to get the trustworthy juice for cheap.
2) Chargers aren't universal just because your vape battery has the same hole on it as your cell phone. Maybe learn how electricity works and don't fucking "wing it" with something explosive.

That and the whole issue with impressing children's young minds, but no one cares about overprotective moms. We just don't want to get poisoned or set on fire.
>>
>>16614812
>motivation

You fucking pussy. You talk the talk, but are afraid to walk the walk. You don't need that crap. Be a man.
>>
>>16614890
>>16614890
I actually didn't know about the explosive aspect, isevery model like that? I need to let my fiance know if it is.
>>
Chewing gum helps me. Try and do something to take your mind off.. brush your teeth, wash your hands to rid the nicotine from your body. Drinking lots of water will help subside the craving
>>
>>16614812

I used to be a heavy smoker. I quit, but do take the occasional cigar.

I'm disgusted by cigarettes now. I couldnt finish one I bummed off a guy standing in line. I felt sick and my lungs hurt.

My secret is this: I quit cigarettes and started doing swedish snus tobacco for a couple of years.

To get off that I used nicotine gum.

Then I got off cold turkey. Now I occasionally crave the smokeless tobacco (I loved that stuff, so great having under your lip while drinking beer), but I would never consider cigarettes ever again.
>>
>>16614812
Smoker here who is about to quit. My dumbass started when I was 13 just to impress an older girl. Worst decision I've ever made. For a long time it had no negative effect but now that I'm 25 I'm starting to feel it. Even though I jog everyday I still have shortness of breat, I have fucked up blood pressure and I always wake up with black snot in my throat. I'm fucking ready to quit and your ass shouldn't give up. Smoking has been a great hobbit but it's time to quit that shit. Trust me, the disappointment you'll feel after buying a pack is much greater than the relief you'll feel after smoking.
>>
>>16614812
You've come this far. You might as well continue, think about how good you'll feel once you're over this little hump.
>>
Thanks to everyone that replied. 1.30 am here, going to bed cigarette free. It was hard, but you guys did play a big part. godspeed

>>16615094
Damn, black snot? I would shit myself
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.