[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A constant guest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: asd.png (64 KB, 200x241) Image search: [Google]
asd.png
64 KB, 200x241
So there's 3 people living in our house including me, my dad and my younger brother. He brings his gf home almost everyday, who also sleeps here whenever possible.
Now, it's not that there's not enough space (my brother has his own separate room) but it's still like having a guest over all day. And even though she's actually a cool person and not a complete fucking bitch, having her here almost 24/7 is kinda uncomfortable for me. I wouldn't even want my best friend to be here ALL the time.
Most of you know that comfy feeling when you're home with only your family members. I rarely have that.
I tried talking to her about this but we didn't really get to a solution.

So how should I approach this issue /adv/?
>>
If he's the one who owns/is paying for the place. It's his place. Tough shit. Move out if it bugs you that much.

If you're equally splitting the costs, talk to him if you can, but you're still taking to your dad who probably supported you for most of your life (see above).

If you're under 18. You shouldn't be on here.
>>
>>16614727
>failing to understand the post
His brother, dude. His BROTHER. I'm assuming neither of them is paying rent and so this is a reasonable complaint.

That said, are you under 18, OP? Because if so he's right and you really shouldn't be here.
>>
>>16614715
Tell him. I know how you feel man. My gf had her best friend stay with us and she's really nice but man I got tired of not being to chill in my underwear and drink beer. I don't see how you're going to win this situation op. Younger brothers take shit personally a lot of times and get defensive or offended.
>>
>>16614727
>>16614748
I'm 22 and he's 16 but neither of us have jobs at the moment. My dad should be in command and it seems like he feels kinda the same way as I do, but still doesn't do anything about it.

>>16614765
Exactly as you said. Maybe I should just accept her as a relative then. They won't be together forever anyway.
>>
>>16614874
That's what I would do. Just stop seeing her as a guest and treat her like family. It'll probably make her feel accepted and you won't feel weird about doing you in your own home.
>>
Quit being such a fucking baby.
>>
>>16614715

seems like your only option is to deal with it. your dad refuses to put a foot down and they actually arent doing any harm.

this is unfortunately pretty normal. people start dating and its like they cant be without each other, all spare time is lost. im not sure how they do it cuz i need that time alone just to catch up on life.

either way, if it bugs you so much you might need to get your own place. you arent any more right about this situation than your brother is.
>>
>>16614715
bring the sketchiest person you know over, when she is there and he is also there and ask him to be really awkward. trust me, he wont say it,but he'll get the hint. if he tries some shit like (my gf is not like that dude, he's weird.) call his double standard and tell him he'll be over there as much as she is.

it happened to me so i just started to spend A LOT of time away from home. I hung out at the library and eventually got a part time job and rented a garage near by. I would just hand out there and when asked about it, I said that my "home" turned into a little fuck shack for my brother his is girlfriends.

I'm with you OP, I hate when people don't respect boundaries and know how to properly compartmentalize once personal lives.

I'd go with a part time job, and then rent a garage where you can hang out while she's there. if your parents ask you about it. just say you don't feel comfortable in your home any more.
>>
>>16615766
>being immature and passive aggressive
Grow up.
>>
>>16615769
why should i have to share my home with a stranger?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.