[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it acceptable to use gift cards to pay for food on a date?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 034128.jpg (26 KB, 750x512) Image search: [Google]
034128.jpg
26 KB, 750x512
Is it acceptable to use gift cards to pay for food on a date?

I'm poor as fuck, and got gift cards for Christmas for restaurants like Applebees, Steak n shake, etc

Let's assume the girl and I kind of know each other already, this isn't like a first encounter or anything
>>
Go for it if you don't care what she thinks.
>>
>>16614573
yeah it seems fine, it shouldnt make a bad impression and she should understamd that its good to use it
>>
I don't really see what's wrong with it.
>>
It's basically money... Yes.
>>
>>16614573
I would be flattered that you'd be willing to spend the gift card on me.
>>
You do what you think is appropriate and date people who think the same way. Base your decision on the people who end up being left in your dating pool.
>>
If you're that worried maybe say something like you want to use them up, don't go out a lot or eat there much.
>>
It would be bad under normal situation.

BUT

you can spin this into a good thing.
If you specify it from the start that you got a gift card and want to spend it on her then it can be good.
Not only does this make for a nice starter if you are talking about not your gf girl but is a sweet act. It also doesn't make unreasonable expectations of your wealth. Inviting someone to restaurant and then paying with gift cards or something could be embarrassing if the person doesn't know you and expected more.

Hey I got a gift card to X but it's bit too much for just me to eat so I was wondering if you want to come have dinner with me tomorrow.

Or something like that
>>
If she's too superficial to care you're using a gift card then fuck her.
>>
Of course it's fine. It's no big deal.

If you're already in a relationship, or have gone on a few dates, then you should be doing this. My girlfriend would love me to save money wherever I can. It means I'll have more money to spend on the two of us doing other fun stuff later lol. It's fine.
>>
>>16614573
I wouldn't be bothered by it. I don't think you should shout from the rooftops that you have the gift card. Just use it like a normal transaction.
>>
>>16614573
Yes tbqh. I don't think she'll care too much.
>>
>>16614573
Depends on what his/her expectations are. If you tell it in advance then nothing wrong, otherwise you might be perceived as cheap ass
>>
>>16614651

I see where you're coming from, but that last bit is probably a no - it almost makes it seem like the gift card is the reason to ask her out
>>
>>16614573

she probably wont even notice, just play it cool, like you are pulling out your credit card, slip it in the thing, and hand it off. she literally never has to know.

just bring a few ones for tips.
>>
OP here.

Thanks for the replies. She and I work in the same building (not coworkers though) so she knows roughly how much i make (which is next to nothing)

Also, this situation is completely hypothetical. It's not like i'll ever ask her out... but it's nice to know it's not so bad. I don't think i'd ever date anyone where this would be an issue, though...
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.