[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need to improve myself fast
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1
File: 1450171313203.jpg (56 KB, 464x404) Image search: [Google]
1450171313203.jpg
56 KB, 464x404
I'm becoming a monster /adv/, I fell in love with a girl when I started uni, before uni I was a total shut-in, had no experience with the other sex and have no confidence in myself when I converse with them, she ended up rejecting me, she wasn't nasty about it but it was pretty much "You're a nice guy anon...". I ended up cutting my arms with shaving razors and choked myself in front of a mirror with a cable until I began to feel like I was losing consciousness, it settled after a while and I made myself go to mental health appointments, I'm supposed to be going to proper counselling soon, but I don't think I can wait that long, I ended up talking to a girl that got rejected and was overly clingy to the point everyone takes the piss out of her, it was originally out of sympathy but I'm scared I'm falling for her and don't want to feel the pain again. I ended up losing my shit at home and scared my mother and 10y/o brother when I began cutting my arm and stabbing the sink in front of them, I don't want to do this to them, I don't want my brother growing up with a crazy brother that he idolises for some stupid reason. I don't know what the fuck to do to, one minute I want to find someone, the next I end up hating myself knowing I don't deserve love if I'm this much of a monster to my family for hurting them emotionally. I know I'm overreacting to it all, but it's all too much to bear.
>>
We are not qualified to diagnose here on /adv/, but it sounds like one of your big issues is that you stack problems on top of one another, all at once, rather yhan trying to tackle them one at a time. Eventually the stack gets so big that it overwhelms you, and it all comes crashing down.

I recommend that you practice meditation. Any tradition will do. This is not a long-term fix, ir even a medium-term fix. You will still need professional help to handle the underlying issues. But as an emergency "rescue" procedure, being able to clear your mind and get back to focusing on one thing at a time may help to fend off these attacks of yours. At the very least, it may be enough to get you to your first appointments.
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.