[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thank you. Memorial dog stories thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: 20150801_073027[1].jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20150801_073027[1].jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
A night or two ago, you all helped me go through with it. My beautiful corgi mix of 10 years died in my arms today. If it wasn't done, he would have had to go through organ failure, and there's no reason to put him through that. Liver cancer is what took him.

I wanted to share some stories, hear some of yours.

His name was Chance. I've had him since the third grade. He's mostly corgi but we think the other part was German Shepherd. He used to be nothing but fluff and ears, most adorable little fuck you'd ever seen. His breath ALWAYS stank like hell. Could never get rid of it, tried everything.

Awhile after getting him, my mother got two aussie shepherd puppies, sisters, with docked tails. Naturally they adored his giant tail and decided it was the greatest toy ever. Ever since then he wouldn't let other dogs near his backside, and would hate it when anyone touched his tail. Would even get grumpy if I tried it. Never knew why, but he also hated it when someone tried to touch or hold his paws. Would get all squirmy and pissy about it. We got a few big snow storms. One time the back deck was so buried he couldn't get over the snowbank that had formed. We had to dig him a trench. The other dogs delighted in sprinting around as quick as they could, and ended up carving more "trenches" in the snow, and he'd be stuck in them like a maze. His giant tail became a periscope because that's all we could see of him out there.

He loathed his collar. Sometime yesterday he shook it loose in the backyard. In a little while I'll probably go looking for it... it's a good way to remember him. If you touched or tugged on his collar at all, he would start doing an alligator death roll, try to toss you, the collar, the leash, whatever off. I always had to walk him with a harness, which he was perfectly happy with.

Ask questions... tell stories, whatever. I'd appreciate the distraction.
>>
>Aussie puppies
please tell me they aren't double merle

>docked tails
why though. unless they're actively working dogs, there's no reason for this
>>
>>16613768
Brown Tri's, one of them doesn't have any white at all. The other I put down 3 years ago, uncontrollable epilepsy.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.