[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/, these threads always seem to go well. Let's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: einstein-top-10.jpg (41 KB, 618x513) Image search: [Google]
einstein-top-10.jpg
41 KB, 618x513
Hey /adv/, these threads always seem to go well.

Let's get a "Life Lessons" thread going. Post the most important things that you have learned so far and feel the need to share with others.

Pic related
>>
File: FB_IMG_1451316882075.jpg (31 KB, 786x892) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1451316882075.jpg
31 KB, 786x892
Inb4 relationship shit.

>Weight loss is 70% diet, 30% exercise. Control your eating
>Seeing the glass as half full instead of half empty will help you on the road to success
>Saying you'll do something and actually doing it are two completely different things. Justdoit.shia
>>
>>16613578

>Never join the military unless it is for college, and even then, only if you seriously have no other means of income

>Speaking of the military, any woman who was, currently is, or thinking about joining the military is absolute garbage and should be avoided like the plague. You know those stories your grandpa has of how he banged 1 or 2 girls overseas during his 4 year tour? Military women are 10x as bad

>Any woman who sends you nudes isn't gf material. A woman who sends nudes is essentially saying that she can't offer you a relationship based on similar interests or a unique view on life, the Universe, or love. A woman who sends nudes is essentially saying the only thing she can offer you is her naked body. A woman who sends nudes (and sloots in general) are major attention whore and have serious mental issues.

>Stay away from the group of people who spend most of their weekends at bars/clubs/parties. It is a world filled with tedious and mundane drama and just isn't worth it.

>While we can all agree that you should never date a cheater, a more important note is to never befriend 1 either. Cheaters are the most manipulative, selfish pieces of shit on this planet. If a close friends of your cheats on someone, give them 1 more chance. Anything after that is a sign you should walk away. ESPECIALLY if they try to make sure everyone they know doesn't do anything about it.

>While your boss doesn't have to be your best friend, you should be able to respect him. A slimy, piece of shit boss just isn't worth it at the end of the day unless the pay AND benefits are through the roof.

>Travel more.

>Enjoy life in the present

>Cigarettes are harder to quit than pot or alcohol

>If you have a mental disorder in America (depression, anxiety, autism, etc), you are pretty much fucked in terms of finding help. Most people don't know anything about basic psychology, and the American health system is an absolute nightmare to deal with.
>>
>>16613843
CONT...

>Since there is a thread about this on /adv/ right now... Men, any woman who doesn't want to date you because you're a virgin isn't worth the time. Even if it's just "I don't prefer virgins". It's just not worth the headache at the end of the day. I don't want to sound like /r9k/, but women will find any minor detail to give them a reason not to date a guy whether it be his height to number of sexual partners. Plus, not wanting to date someone because of their V card an be a real eye opener as to what that person values.

>Not all women are sloots. Look for women outside of bars/clubs/parties and you'll be amazed at how much the quality goes up

>Online dating works. You have to put forth some effort and be patient.

>While your values, moral, and so on might change, there is a good chance that your personality and behavior are 80% the same as what were when you graduated college.

>Change happens in 1 of 2 way. Either major change that happens suddenly, or little by little, bit by bit over a long period of time. Usually 2-3 years. Keep that in mind before you decide your going to try and change something about yourself

All I got right now.
>>
>>16613843
>If you have a mental disorder in America (depression, anxiety, autism, etc), you are pretty much fucked in terms of finding help. Most people don't know anything about basic psychology, and the American health system is an absolute nightmare to deal with.

and what is your advice here?
>>
>>16613888
Learn to cope with it. Chances are it will never go away. Some days will be good, some unbearable. When the unbearable days come, you need to find a way that suits you to deal with it. Whether it be meditation, alcohol, drugs, sex, or whatever. If you're still wanting to live, you'll have to find something that can get you through the shit. If not, always remember that sleeping pills and alcohol will pretty much do the trick.

Nice trips BTW
>>
File: 1447278929159.gif (409 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1447278929159.gif
409 KB, 360x360
posted from someone sometime ago
>the world has never been fair, never will.
>people are always willing to betray you for their selfish needs
>intelligence does not make someone a good person
>death doesn't really matter for some , but does for others
>always doubt what you believe, and always question those who think they're right
>the human struggle is to somehow survive and struggle with the foresight to see how pointless life is
>there is never really a good ending.
>there will always be worthless people that need to be forgotten from society and not be allowed for them interact with others.Its just no one can bear to accept the fact they are nearly worthless.

>nobody really knows anyone else. everything people communicate, is only meant to display their own ego.
>women are incapable of logic, and act like spoiled children if they have to, to get what they want. other groups have noticed this, and imploy the same tactic, because it works. it works because people allow it to.
>nearly no one knows how to be a good parent.
>life doesn't change as you get older, just your perspective, based on your experiences. that said, society does evolve, and more often than not, not in any way that is a benefit to the human race.
>people are selfish. learn this, know this. people are ego-driven. learn this, know this. once you understand this, you can manipulate them. i learned that from my friends and family.
>your best friends will throw you under the bus for a girl. fact. if they haven't yet, it's because the right girl hasn't come along. and it makes sense: as a bro, you cannot provide them with the pussy they require.
>what you DON'T DO is what you will regret forever. what you DO, no matter what, you can justify if need be.
>carry a loaded gun, if you can. in today's world, it's stupid NOT to. if you can't carry a gun, carry a knife.
>>
File: 1451292159826.jpg (116 KB, 900x434) Image search: [Google]
1451292159826.jpg
116 KB, 900x434
>>16613944 2/3
>if you are afraid of people, become what they fear. they will leave you alone, as long as you don't flaunt it.
>if you are afraid of ANYTHING, face it. face it over and over until you are UNAFRAID.
>never let another person win. never let your enemies win. ALWAYS stand up for yourself, even if it means losing your dumb-ass job. never be afraid to lose your job, for the sake of what is right. if you allow others to walk on you, they will not realize that they are WRONG, and will continue to do so.
>if you don't get hard for a chick, don't worry. she wasn't worth it.
>change is necessary for growth. if you are too comfortable, it's time to make a change. you don't want to be bored with life.

>people don't give a shit about you, what you do or what you say. They all worry about themselves.
>It is inevitable that we all becomes forgotten when we're gone.
>Even if it doesn't seem like it, the friends you have now will not be around forever, and eventually they will become strangers to you. And when you see them again in 20 years from now, all you talk about is superficial things
>Don't try to get accustomed to the way things are now, because when you do, they eventually change

>most people think in black & white and "split" very easily towards the two opposites when a decent person do something shitty or when an asshole has occasional good moments.
>Life is gray
>Nobody gives a shit about you, except very, very few people who might not be perfect, because there isn't such a thing down here, so you better not throw these people away
>Trying to be a better person is a good objective
>Everybody has shitty life, so trying to lessen the burden of your relatives without trying to "save" them is a good thing to do on a daily basis. You can be a good friend, but you can't be Jesus Fucking Christ
>>
File: 1431135975622.jpg (96 KB, 500x555) Image search: [Google]
1431135975622.jpg
96 KB, 500x555
>>16613578
>pic related

>inb4 trolling

>inb4 >>>/pol/

Stay away from these people if you are white.
>>
>>16613955 3/3
>You will eventually loose people you love and there's nothing you can do about it
>So try to remember them and making them proud through your life
>You will know love and you will lost that too, it actually hurts more than the death of a friend or a member of your family, so I hope you kept your imperfect real friends close to you when that happens.
>You can die at any fucking moment
>The Universe is still full of mysteries
>Money isn't the key to happiness, but it helps
>Try to remember yourself a few minutes per day, just being conscious of your own existence, and not just doing your programmed tasks
>Drugs can be nice when you wanna take some vacations from reality, but be very careful
>Loving is knowing
>4chan was never good
>>
>>16613958
And Muslims. Muslims are the absolute scum of the earth.
>>
>>16613944
>carry a gun

stopped reading right there. What an idiot.
>>
File: 1448076728734.jpg (79 KB, 680x626) Image search: [Google]
1448076728734.jpg
79 KB, 680x626
>>16614009
couldn't agree more m8. I grew up in Germany and I was constantly bullied by a pair of Chechen scum. Most evil scum I've ever met.
>>
- you don't need 5 friends or 10 or whatever fucking amount. quality > quantity. find people you can trust and keep them close, doesn't matter what amount.
- got a significant other who loves, is patient, kind, and trusts you? keep her.
- walk away from people who make you feel like shit. they aren't worth your time nor your effort.
- no relationship is perfect. you'll face many problems together but what matters the most is how you work through them.
- don't look back. if you do, you will always be stuck there. move forward.
>>
>>16613888
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM2LsKdUlx4
>>
>>16613578
>If something is important to you, you have to TAKE the time to do it.
>If you have enough money, use it. If you have a decent living standard, any problem that can be solved using money is a really easy one.
>>
>>16613843
I like you. Your post made me feel better about myself, and honestly, that's an extremely hard thing to do.
>>
Don't stick it in the crazy
>>
>>16613843

>Any woman who sends you nudes isn't gf material. A woman who sends nudes is essentially saying that she can't offer you a relationship based on similar interests or a unique view on life, the Universe, or love. A woman who sends nudes is essentially saying the only thing she can offer you is her naked body. A woman who sends nudes (and sloots in general) are major attention whore and have serious mental issues.

I agree with many of your points, but this is bullshit. I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years; we've sent nudes back and forth ever since we started dating. We have plenty of mutual interests - philosophy, music, politics, film, literature, travelling etc. Can speak for hours about everything, life, the universe and love, even after knowing each other for 6 years. We're each others best friend, and nude pictures doesn't invalidate that in any way. It's great if you're far away from each other, and it's great if you have a date and you want to excite each other.

The fuck kind of opinion is this? Oh a girl is sexual and wants to please you, she must have NOTHING else to offer.

I appreciate a good dick picture from my BF.
>>
>Never ever smoke a cigarette, not even as a joke, you'll get addicted to it no matter what
>If you did, you can still quit at any time, it's a matter of perception more than a matter of addiction
>most of the people get trapped for life
>some of them are able to easy walk out, because of their perception

>Don't let a week pass without going to gym
>Always lift hard
>Say what you feel, don't hold it
>Alcohol gives you exactly nothing 95% percent of time and the other 5% makes you sociable (because you are in the right environment)
>never be ashamed by the music you listen (unless it's justin b.)
>always give compliments to girls, they need approval
>>
>you will always get deceived by people
>people who are closest to you will do some which is unimaginative to you, and you'll just have to let it pass by
>you value others more than they value you
>when you are the best everyone's against you
>do not take anyone for granted, every whom you talked to today might be the last time they talk with you (and if they would die that would be the best case scenario, there are people who mean something to you who just stops contacting you, those are the most hurtful times)
>if you survive everything, at the end of the day you'll be a warrior wth no feelings left
>never show you're afraid, people can't tell the difference anyway
>>
>>16615235
He was talking about OUTSIDE of a relationship I think
>>
One of the thing most of people forgotten to mention is that everything that is written here can be shit for you.
>not everything that happened to others shall happen the same to you, if someone got deceived doesn't mean you will
>you, and only you make your own fucking way trough life, crying about how hard it is ain't gonna accomplish anything
>if a hundred million people got deceived and saw their dreams torn apart, doesn't mean you will too, always look up to that "one" example who made it and follow his methodes while creating yours
>>
>>16615235
Congrats, you are the exception.

For you and other anons reading this, if you know a girl who sends nudes, do you regard her as some high quality gf material? Or are you pretty sure she's got a few mental issues?

It's like having sex on the first date. Sometimes it strengthens the relationship and leads to something that lasts a long period of time. Most of the time it's the sign of 2 lonely individuals trying to make something more out of their lives.

Get what I'm saying?
>>
>>16615399
>>16615359
This guy gets what I was trying to say, though sending nudes while in a relationship is something I wouldn't advise unless you can 110% trust each other. 1 need only go to /b/ to see what sending nudes to the wrong person can do.
>>
>>16615404
Lol, you got a strong point, it requires a 110% trust in the other person, and once a photo goes online it never goes off again. Finally, a girls that sends me nudes, besides the fact that I'd like to fuck her for fun a few times, I wouldn't turn her into a GF/wife, why? Because if she sent me nudes without being involved then it clearly means she sent it to a lot of other guys, then here comes the mental issues, she is in desperate need for approval and attention.
>>
>>16615416
This anon gets it. Couldn't have described it any better
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.