[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My boyfriend broke up with me due to the distance that came between
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1439014123433.gif (136 KB, 500x511) Image search: [Google]
1439014123433.gif
136 KB, 500x511
My boyfriend broke up with me due to the distance that came between us and his uncertainty about future. He's a Muslim and thinks he will eventually marry someone his parents pick for him. I waited around for my previous boyfriend for a long time he says he doesn't want to waste my time like him if he doesn't know what future will bring.

It's so hard to accept that it's over. He says he cares about me and we can still talk but I don't know if I should. I want to speak to him so much but I don't want to annoy him with my heartbreak and whining since I know I'm overemotional. I guess a part of me still hopes he will come back to me if he sees how much I love him, which I know is extremely unlikely.

Anyone have any experience with that? I would love to get a guy's point of view. He says he cares about me but I can tell his character makes it pretty easy for him to move on. Should I just go through the pain and ignore my desire to pick up the phone or would it be okay to expect someone who said he loved you and then gave up to support you and listen to you? I'm just really confused right now.
>>
>He's a Muslim
>I'm just really confused right now

Clearly.
>>
>>16613544
Why would you want to be with a wife-beater?
>>
>>16613547
>He's a Muslim
>I'm just really confused right now

Yeah I know, it's probably better this way because the thought of bringing up my children as Muslims scared me but it doesn't make it hurt any less.
>>
>>16613549
Because I found love and acceptance with him.
>>
>>16613550
Live and learn eh.

It always hurts the most in the beginning. Take time for yourself, hobbies, friends and families.

And please don't sit on the back burner and be his infidel pussy when he gets lonely at night, because that's all you are to him.
>>
>>16613544
>It's so hard to accept that it's over. He says he cares about me and we can still talk but I don't know if I should.

You shouldn't.

You say he care about you blah blah blah. You are being over emotional for a man who doesn't see you in his future.
>>
>>16613561
He's a good person and I think he loved me in his own way but you're probably right. But I just wonder if it's okay so ask him to help me through some of it because I'm a really lonely person and I don't really have anyone to turn to.
>>
>>16613571
>But I just wonder if it's okay so ask him to help me through some of it

You are dense.

Why would he help you through the break up he initiated?

You REALLY do have others you can turn to, don't even try to pretend otherwise because you are so emotionally dependent
>>
>>16613565
I know that, I know it's my fault but I was really lonely and depressed before we met and I just can't handle losing what I had in him. But I know I should probably deal with the root of my depression and issues rather than cling to someone who didn't see me as being important enough to fight for. But the promise of friendship is tempting in my situation.
>>
>>16613573
Yeah probably, I tend to believe what people tell me too much. And I really don't. I've never had a deep emotional conversation with anyone around me and they don't care about me very much. Which is why I got too attached to him. But yeah, I guess you live and learn. I couldn't possibly create such a fuckup of a situation again.
>>
>>16613576
I'll admit you show some good insight at times.

Instead of focusing on the promise of friendship with someone who just dumped you. Look at every other person in you world around you as an opportunity to grow and heal.
>>
>>16613587
Honestly I wish you the best. I was direct and rude because bullshit doesn't deserve to be entertained. You'll be okay if you hold on to hope and actually start to move forward. Start by removing reminders of him and contacting one person you can vent to.

oh and you probably could create such a fucked up situation again but not in the same circumstances! (I do this all the time) I joke because we learn but it is always a constant process ya know.
>>
>>16613590
That's the thing. I feel disconnected from the world and because of my fear of abandonment and rejection I haven't got a social circle around me. I know it's really pathetic to act like this one person who I was probably never that important to is the only one I can ever feel good around and I know things will probably be better and I will meet a better much not that I know what I want and need more, but it doesn't make what I feel now hurt any less. I guess just venting helps so thank you Anon.
>>
>>16613599
It's not rude. I'm well aware of how ridiculous I am but because I'm such a sheltered child I don't have a grasp of my emotions very well.

And you're probably right. If I don't work on myself I will probably get into a similar thing again. I know what you mean.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.