[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does friendship feel like? It's been so long since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1416214734839.gif (2 MB, 400x306) Image search: [Google]
1416214734839.gif
2 MB, 400x306
What does friendship feel like? It's been so long since I've had anything resembling friends, I don't even remember the feeling. How is it? What does it feel like?
>>
Dunno , I haven't had friends since elementary school, and even then they were more like acquaintances.. Is there supposed to be some kind of special feeling associated with friendship? I thought being friends just meant you hung out a lot with someone and stuff.
>>
sounds like you fags went to a big city school with so many people that they never really established a real connection
>>
It feels like nothing. Only emptiness. Just like everything else in life.
>>
>>16612877
>sounds like you fags went to a big city school
I went to a small school, and that can sometimes be far worse. You have a small group of people with which to connect. Most kids are assholes, so you're stuck with the same group of assholes, and if you don't luck out and find people worth making friends with, then you're shit out of luck because there is no one else. And you're still stuck with these same shitty assholes with the same shitty opinion they've had about you since the dawn of time.

I had good friends in my small school, and a couple best friends, but I would not call them good people or our friendship "ideal." Things went from best friends to unhealthy and shitty after moving into the real world with more choices. If you had the luck of making friends with great people in your small school, then realize you are very lucky. Just making a good friend is very lucky, in my opinion, but finding that connection in an incredibly limited pool with odd, forced circumstances is even harder. Small school situations can be fucking awful.
>>
>>16612906
This. It sucks so hard in these smaller schools because if you don't luck out with making any good friend or even good people, theres a higher chance they'll make fun of you for whatever reason and they'll all join in. It's fucking awful.
>>
>>16612807
I have actual friendships for the first time in my life right now, so I know how you feel OP. I would say it feels very satisfying to have other people to talk to about things, it's given me a lot more perspective now that it's not just me. But most of all, I'd say I have a stronger sense of identity now because of them.

Now if you were to ask me how I got good friends, I would say that I probably could have had good friendships at many points in my life, but I would say that the one thing that kept from those relationships was the fact that I was a really self-centered person. I learned that you have to be a good friend to have a good friend, my man. It's just that simple.
>>
"friends" are usually just people taking advantage of each other in one way or another at least
however, (real)friendships that last above 10 years tend to last a life, those are rare but they excist
you'll still be out on your own for the most part though so dont overvalue friendships
if you're that lonely i'd suggest getting a dog if possible, they're not ever going to leave your side
>>
>>16613452
Unless they die
>>
>>16612807
its empty, like your head
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.