[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello guys. So I've been in a fairly new relationship with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1450540969435.jpg (53 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1450540969435.jpg
53 KB, 540x720
Hello guys. So I've been in a fairly new relationship with a girl of the same age for just over 9 months. This is both, mine and hers, first relationship so we're figuring this thing out slowly but surely. Everything is great and all. Love her a lot. We are both in different uni. I'm in my third year, she is in her second (she had to redo a year of college).

When we have a disagreement/argue, we both have our own way of dealing with it. She told me that if she is mad at me, I should just leave her alone and usually the next day, she will be fine. I, on the other hand, want to fix things asap so that there is less time spent not talking between us two. I try to talk to her about the disagreement and how we can try to get over it but she tells me that makes her more angry. Let's say I do what she said. I try not to bother her too much during that day. Next day, everything is fine and dandy. Isn't that just us ignoring the problem? I mean, we haven't talked about it properly? We haven't really solved it. We kinda just pushed it aside. I don't get it...

Wouldn't it be better to solve it quicker so that we can spend more time together doing fun things? Why waste a whole day not talking to each other? What do?

tldr: is it better to solve problems straight away by talking about it or wait a day for us to forget about it?

Pic not related
>>
Literally just got out of a relationship because we lacked communication.
If you can't talk through problems, you have no future together.
>>
>>16611937
See, that's the thing. I agree with that you say. I've been trying to tell her the same thing. This may be my first relationship but I have seen plenty fail because of lack of communication and I don't want that to break us apart. There are times when I have been able to put my foot down and have made her talk through it but then there are other times when she completely blocks me off. This is the only dent in our relationship so far. Like literally, everything else is great. How do I approach this problem to her?
>>
>>16611962
Not exactly sure what to tell you since like I said this is literally what ended my last relationship.

I'd say make sure she knows you really care about the two of you, and that you need to be able to work through problems if you're going to make things last. It seems like you've made some progress a few times, so I'd say there's hope.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.