[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Mother does shitty thing all throughout my childhood (not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: WP_20151206_005.jpg (1000 KB, 3264x1952) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151206_005.jpg
1000 KB, 3264x1952
>Mother does shitty thing all throughout my childhood (not to me)
> Realize how shitty it is
>Want her to stop doing it
>Offered to make her life a lot more convenient to not do this shitty thing
> Still does it
>Really want her to stop
> Ready to start stressing how shitty it is
How do I try to stress to my mother that what she does really isn't right? I don't want her to get offended and defensive, I really just want her to stop. But clearly just asking her to stop won't do. I will make it a lot more convenient to do the less shitty alternative. I don't want to say what it is, since usually people just start talking shit when they learn. I want something more productive.
>>
>>16611723
You're being too vague. If it's too incendiary to discuss then fine, but you should really know that saying "How do I get a person to stop doing a thing?" is useless.
>>
I'm wondering if I should do it in pay their through text. I wonder if it's face to face and I'm trying to tell her why what she does is fucked up, she would get more defensive and less likely to listen.
>>
>>16611723
Nobody is going to give you advice until you say
>>
Is she on the heron or some shit
>>
>>16611732

I realize I'm being vague. But I hope someone has more experience with talking to people in such a way to make them want to change, rather than get defensive and offended.
>>
>>16611745
>>16611736

More in the ballpark of hurting animals.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.