[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/, can you devise a plan of action around the following
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: orenji.jpg (9 KB, 189x251) Image search: [Google]
orenji.jpg
9 KB, 189x251
Hey /adv/, can you devise a plan of action around the following information?

I'm 24, out of college (chem major), currently unemployed and looking for work. I'm living with my brother in his living room and having shit luck. I took the JLPT this month and am strongly considering moving my job search to Japan depending on the results. My self worth is at an all time low and I don't exactly radiate confidence.

That said, I'm terribly lonely after having broken up with my girlfriend of six years a little over a year ago. As of late, I've been aimlessly flicking through Tinder, not really expecting anything; driven by a base, instinctual yearning for, let's not lie, sex and companionship. Last night a girl actually asked me out to a bar on New Year's, and said she thought I was handsome, and seemed awesome and nice. She herself is really cute. It's almost 24 hours later and I still haven't replied, because while this is something I want on some level, I question whether a relationship is a good idea when I'm unemployed, depressed and technically homeless, and furthermore if this girl would even be interested if she knew the full truth. Even if everything went perfectly I'd still probably feel like I didn't deserve it. "To love another you must first love yourself," right? But I'm so far down a hole I just don't even know. Compounded on top of everything is my moderate social anxiety that I can usually endure at the expense of acting naturally. And I literally haven't ever ingested alcohol, don't drink on principle and don't know my own tolerance. And again, I live with my brother. On one hand, it appears to be impending disaster, on the other, it's an opportunity to feel better about myself, in what I feel is a rather selfish pursuit.

tl;dr should I go out with a cute girl who approached me on Tinder even though I feel like and probably am a total loser
>>
please respond ;_;
>>
Take a chance, op. What do you have to lose?
>>
>>16611713
money and dignity. hope it's worth the risk. I countered her offer and invited her to a ssbm tourney at a bar. might as well show her something I'm passionate about, right?
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.