[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Depression - Low test?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (27 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
27 KB, 1280x720
Hello /adv/ I am a bit desperate for some help

I am middle class 20 years old male living with my parents.

I have suffered from depression since I was 13 years old, mixed with social anxiety and lately heavy episodes of derealization and suicide thoughts.

I have tried antidepressants and stimulants to no avail, I've also tried changing my diet and going to the gym (lifting) but fighting myself to get me there is very though. I pretty much have lost hope since 5 months ago, trying to help someone from getting beaten in the streets, I got punched in my jaw and develop severe tinnitus.

On my search from answers, I found that having low levels of testosterone could be causing my issues, and reading the symptoms I realized that I've had gynecomastia for 7 years now, my fat distrubution is like a woman (fat goes to buttocks).

Despite this, my testosterone levels came out to be 432 ng/dl, which my doc says is in the normal range. Now, I've read around that having 432ng/dl at my age is not normal, and that these are the normal levels of a 50 years old.

Do you think this levels are normal?
Does it warrant trying to get a hold of testosterone by illegal means?
What the fuck do I do?

Sorry for the long post, but I simply don't know where else to go after all I've tried.
>>
Have you ever pissed in the kitchen sink or taken a shit in a saucepan?
>>
>>16610871
No.
>>
>>16610858

SHORT VERSION

>Would increasing my testosterone levels to 900-1000ng/dl from my current 432ng/dl cure/ease my depression?
>Would it make my fat distribution normal? (like a man instead of a woman)
>>
I have similar symptoms plus no gains after three years of lifting and test levels of 300 and the doc said that was normal too.
>>
Do you work out? Have you tried cutting? My ex was obsessed with his so-called "gyno" but it was really just because he was a skinnyfat who never worked out in his life. You're probably normal and just need to work out more. If not, I'd think a doctor would know if your testosterone levels were normal. If you don't trust him I'd get a second opinion, I feel for you OP
>>
>>16611055

Thanks, Anon.

I do work out. I am at 14% body fat (6'1'' 68kg). On regards to my gyno, I think it is genuine as I can feel the mammary gland, and my nipples get puffy when its hot.
>>16611053

Does your body fat also go to the buttocks? How have you managed to stay in the gym for so long?
>>
Goes to my hips more than my butt. I go to the gym because it makes me feel accomplished Ben though I can barely being 1 plate after 3 years. If you make shitgainZ you can either give up or work harder and I decided to work harder. If yu want to improve yourself you'll find motivation.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.