[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's wrong with puppy mills?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (151 KB, 1414x1180) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151 KB, 1414x1180
What's wrong with puppy mills?
>>
>>16610759
They're too specialized in breeding puppies and they often have crippling traits. I for one prefer General Mills when it comes to my breakfasts.
>>
File: Evidence.jpg (99 KB, 680x528) Image search: [Google]
Evidence.jpg
99 KB, 680x528
>>16610759
Because the mother dogs are confined, and forced to have litters too close together, the puppies are generally unhealthy and have behavior problems. This means high vet bills later in life.
>>
>>16610759
Mostly the conditions in which the dogs are bred and raised.
>>
Puppies as an energy source are very inefficient, flour from a puppy mill tends to be expensive for no good reason.
>>
I hope to god this is bait, but in case you're actually serious

they sell extremely inbred sickly animals kept in neglectful conditions. that teacup-miniature yorkiepoo puppy? probably going to die before it reaches even half the normal lifespan of a regular yorkie. they breed for looks and quantity, which is directly opposite to health. they're also usually fucked up behaviorally

they are in it purely for profit with zero regard for their welfare, which is bad because then you get animals living in shit conditions and females being bred as many times as possible, which is absolutely horrible for them and their health. plus this also means they don't give a shit who gets one of their dogs as long as they make $$$. someone who's going to abuse the dog or dump them at a shelter once they stop being a fuzzy puppy? who cares! they got their money

plus, the fact that whole litters of unwanted puppies are euthanized every day due to overpopulation, usually created by people with puppy mill pups that they allowed to breed, when they shouldn't have gotten the dog in the first place. there's more than enough puppies to go around, there's no need to pay people to make more of them, especially in inhumane conditions

there's a reason that most pet stores that sell puppies are slowly going under, and more are only making them available through adoption events partnered with local rescues. hell, most forms of puppy mills are actually illegal
>>
>>16610782
Underrated post.
>>
>>16610795
Kek
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.