[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If someone attacks you are you allowed to stab them or use guns?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (673 KB, 833x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
673 KB, 833x576
If someone attacks you are you allowed to stab them or use guns? Like if someone talks to shit or starts beating a douche i don't want to just walk away I want to retaliate but I don't want to ruin my face and get brain damage fighting some brain dead retard. Could I just talk shit back and if they swing just pull out a knife and stab them from the side or something in self defense? Like what the hell do you do if someone attacks you and you're not legally allowed to kill them just sit there and get beat into the ground because they took an open swing first or they just take your weapon and use it against you.
>>
>>16610157
Equal force and you're allowed to defend yourself if you feel your life or personal safety is at risk.

Shooting or stabbing someone for talking shit will not work, pussy.
>>
>>16610167
No shit I'm saying if they are randomly a douche to you and you say hey fuck you and they try swinging and actually hit you can you pull a weapon
>>
>>16610157
Depends on your country, state/province and their laws.
>>
>>16610171
If you're allowed to legally carry the weapon. Remember, equal force. Shooting someone is a very big deal, whether they're armed or not.

If they say, "f you", then they take a swing at you, drawing a gun would be looked at as extreme, possible manslaughter.
>>
Unless they also have a weapon you're going to have a hell of time defending that in court. You're going to look like you were just waiting to hurt someone which is what it seems like if they go to drunkenly punch you and you stab them repeatedly with a knife or shoot them.

99% of the time you're better off just leaving the situation. Call the cops and let them deal with it.
>>
Depends on the state and also depends on the actions. You can't goad someone on just so you can stab or shoot them.
>>
>>16610181
Not even if the person is continually swinging at you trying to hit your face and knock you down? Their fists could cause more damage than a single bullet easily ten straight hits to your face unguarded while you're on the ground is brain damage and a broken nose and possible concussion a bullet isn't always fatal
>>
You really ought to talk to a defense lawyer in your jurisdiction about this, but the most important things they will tell you is:

Killing someone just because they are talking shit to you is going to get you convicted of murder.

That 'claiming self defense' thing might sound good in your head, but in practice you are going to have to hire a lawyer to - at best - convince the DA not to file charges and - at works - convince a jury that it really was self defense.

Which is going to cost you a lot of money.
>>
>>16610201
Or if there's multiple people
>>
>>16610201
Just learn to defend yourself with your hands. Carrying a weapon is more trouble than it's worth. Also, if you have a cell phone, use it to call for help. Get this gun thing out of your mind, it's silly.
>>
>>16610201

You don't know where that bullet is going to go if you draw a gun you fucking moron. Someone might lunge at you thinking you're fucking insane and someone could die by mistake. That other person might also have a gun or knife on THEM and you have a terrible situation. If someone is like this do what you can do to get OUT of the situation. Leave, go somewhere else. It seems like you just want to hurt people.
>>
What country dumbass
>>
>>16610217
How? I was talking to some dude from the army and he randomly snapped and started being a dick and yelling I wanted to just say fuck you for being an ass hole but I wouldn't want a fight if he tries attacking me I should be able to shoot or stab him
>>
>>16610221
Call the cops on him. Why put yourself in a shitty situation that you won't be able to pull out of? You have the upper hand, keep it that way.
>>
>>16610219
Wildly punching someone who isn't ready with an open shot could be just as bad as a bullet
>>
>>16610221

Does this sort of thing happen a lot - because it sounds kinda like you might be the problem, OP.
>>
>>16610241
No not a lot but enough where I think I should be able to speak my mind and shoot at them if they start trying to attack me
>>
Just pull the gun, you don't have to shoot the guy.
>>
>>16610247
>not a lot but enough
Wtf? In my entire life I have not had one situation like this.
You don't shoot to warn. If you've drawn your weapon, you do it being fully aware that the person in front of you could easily die. Why do you want to murder so bad? De-escalate. You're sounding like if you had a gun, you would have told him off and get him more riled up. That's not how you're supposed to act with a gun. De-escalate. De-escalate.
>>
>...I should be able to speak my mind and shoot at them if they start trying to attack me

Uh huh...you really ought to talk to a lawyer about how much money that's going to cost you.
>>
>>16610247

It doesn't really sound like you're interested in self-defense, it sounds like you want to be an asshole and you don't have the strength to back it up. Most people avoid fights that we can't win. It might be humiliating sometimes, but it's better than fucking shooting somebody over a petty argument like that.

It's very telling that you don't even consider the possibility of showing/pulling a gun, and NOT firing. In a stupid fight like you're describing, that would almost certainly be enough to back the guy down. But your mind jumps straight to stabbing and shooting, you feel like you "deserve" to shoot at someone if they disrespect you.

You are the type of person who should not be armed. There's nothing more dangerous than a very fearful, very cowardly person who always thinks he'll be the victim. You're acting like a cornered animal, but nobody is really cornering you. You're too hotheaded to back away from dumb shit, but too weak to defend yourself non-lethally
>>
>>16610270
Tough guy wanna be is gonna try to call the bluff and grab it
>>
>>16610297
and then you shoot him, and have probable cause.
>>
I can tell you exactly what's going to happen. You're going to start/escalate some dumbass fight that doesn't even need to happen, and then you're going to freak out and shoot some innocent guy as soon as he takes a step towards you. And then you are going to prison, without weapons, where you will be the same little weakling you always were, surrounded by real people who actually ARE willing to hurt you, rather than the boogeymen you've made up in your head. You will get beaten up a lot, probably raped a lot, it'll be hell.

You sound kind of unstable, and you shouldn't have a weapon. You clearly don't have the judgment to use it correctly, you're clearly out there looking for/expecting trouble. This is going to end in a situation that is much worse than taking a few punches in a fair fight.
>>
>>16610324
Nope would only do it if someone started a verbal altercation with me and they tried hitting me I would never start a fight just to shoot someone
>>
>>16610328
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFW3kEbhZd4
>>
>>16610328

I said "escalate," too. The problem is, you're unwilling to walk away from a fight when you can't win it. In the confrontation you described, you managed to end it without anyone getting hurt. Because you didn't get drawn into the shit, you didn't give some stupid comeback, because you sensed that nothing good would come of it. That's reasonable behavior.

But you walked away feeling like a little bitch, because he disrespected you and you couldn't do anything about it. And this is really the heart of the issue - It's not just that you'd shoot someone to prevent yourself from being injured or killed. Because that's reasonable. But the way you're talking, you'd rather shoot someone than have that feeling of humiliation again. And that's not reasonable.

Let's go back to the example of that fight you had with the veteran. If you tried to walk away without giving him any shit, exactly like you did in real life, and he'd chased after you and tried to attack you - nobody would really blame you for shooting the guy. But you still have to try to walk away, nonviolently.

What you're saying is that, if you walk around with a gun on you, with a feeling that you have a way to fight back, you WON'T just walk away. You'll say "hey man, fuck you!" Because this time, you're pretty sure if a fight happened, you and your gun would be able to win it. So you give a comeback, you keep the fight going when it really doesn't need to. And then somebody gets shot, when they really didn't need to.

And if you fire before you even take a punch, if he "tried hitting you," you might find it pretty hard to convince a judge and jury that you really did the right thing. And you're the one who killed a guy, not the asshole who started the verbal argument.
>>
>>16610368
Whether or not I can win the fight is irrelevant I'm not bending my nose off my face and getting brain damage over primitivism. You talk shit and you get 2 shots
>>
>>16610378

Then you should absolutely not have a gun.

Take my warning or don't, I can't make you do shit. But I hope you at least think about it, because I'm pretty sure this is going to end bad for you.
>>
>>16610378
Enjoy prison.
>>
>>16610388
Well I don't know if it's going to happen again but I'm getting a 9 milly and I'm not going to use it or show it whatsoever the only reason I want it is if someone is swinging at me. I don't have time to fight and I never start shit with anyone ever so I think you'd have to be a pretty big ass to start shit with me
>>
>>16610394

Just from the way you're talking in this thread though, I think you might be a bit more aggressive than you're admitting. You might not "start shit" physically, but my main point is that you don't understand the sense in walking away from petty, stupid verbal conflicts that might escalate into violence. You've got too much of the wrong kind of pride. You walk away now because you're afraid of getting hurt, but if you had a gun, it sounds like you probably wouldn't.

At that point, you'd be equally guilty in making the violence happen, and you'd also be the one shooting a dude when you, yourself, don't have a scratch on you. If justice is properly carried out, you'd take the heaviest legal consequences.
>>
>>16610157
If you fear for your life then you are justified in using self defense. So if somebody attacks you and you think they might kill you, you can use lethal force

This doesn't mean you go out looking to start shit. Weapons should be used to deescalate a situation, injuring or killing somebody is a last resort.

Keep in mind they may have a weapon too, and if you pull yours out they will do the same

Lastly... If you're American make sure you shoot them dead. Or else they can sue you for the cost of medical bills, health damage, etc
>>
>>16610408
It's not that it's just people are going to keep starting shit if they think they can do it easily. I don't want a fight or any verbal argument at all I just want a gun because I care more about my well being then some ass hole trying to show off by being a dick to me while he has friends behind him or whatever id rather at least flash a gun and watch them run then just walk away and risk them punching me from behind or coming back for more later. I don't WANT to kill. I don't want violence. I want a solution.
>>
>>16610421

Is this something that's actually happening to you? Like, are there people that regularly harass and humiliate you, or is this all just hypothetical?
>>
>>16610432
No it happened like 3 or 4 times in high school it's just bull shit if you're starting shit with me it's just small dick insecurity I can fight kind of and I'm athletic but why the fuck should I risk my health over someone being a douche. Even if I could kick their ass I would rather just pull a trigger and have them dead. I'm not some edgetard begging for bragging rights I just dint want to be a doormat but I don't want to get in fights and have drama either. I just want to keep to my own and if someone wants to be a dick to me for whatever reason then I at least wanna pull a gat and have them run away scared instead of me looking like a pussy for walking away
>>
>>16610421

Well, you could work out, get stronger, maybe even learn boxing or martial arts. But that's too much work, right? Much easier to buy a gun and shoot someone dead, than to get in shape and learn to defend yourself proportionately

I don't think there's anything wrong in using a gun for self-defense. But I think you need to be level-headed and non-violent enough to use it only when it's REALLY necessary. Meaning, you've tried every non-violent way of ending the conflict, including swallowing your pride and backing down. You should never even pull it out unless you're walking away and they're chasing after you.
>>
OP, do you have a spare $10,000 sitting around?

Because that's what a defense lawyer is going to charge you just to take your case. You'll be spending a lot more before you're done.
>>
>>16610440

>if someone wants to be a dick to me for whatever reason then I at least wanna pull a gat and have them run away scared instead of me looking like a pussy for walking away

This sentence is where you go wrong though. And this is the part that'll get you in serious trouble, instead of having it be self-defense. Because they aren't always gonna run away when you pull it out, and then somebody's gonna die that didn't have to die, just so you didn't have to feel like a pussy.

I totally get what you're saying that you would rather shoot someone then get punched and attacked. That's self-defense. But you HAVE to try to walk away first, even if it feels bad. It's not just about what's morally right, it's also about what is going to happen to you in a courtroom if you shoot an unarmed man unnecessarily
>>
>>16610445
No it's just that would take 6 years to master and you still take injuries even as a pro dumb ass a gun is either shut the fuck and leave me alone or die even if I knew I could win I wouldn't fight there's no reason to put myself at risk over drama

How about you stop living in the 90s and realize guns are problem solvers not tools for murderers to cum on
>>
>>16610157
I'll tell you how my dad told me. If you shoot someone you're going to have legal problems. You should only shoot if you think you or someone else's life is in danger. A neighbor of mine blew a dudes head off with a rifle because he was stabbing another neighbor in the street. He had to go to court and prove that he felt like the other guys life was in danger. He didn't end up in trouble but he had a year of legal bullshit to deal with. This is a stand your ground state though. My neighbor saved my other neighbors life though so it was worth it.
>>
>>16610440
>I at least wanna pull a gat and have them run away scared instead of me looking like a pussy for walking away
>>
>>16610157
It sounds like you are either trying to find a way to legally murder someone or to justify being an asshole. Either way Christ have a talk with yourself, mentalities like yours should not be carrying weapons in the first place.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.