[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My grandmother is 85 and has been really sad lately as many of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: lrs1660.jpg (18 KB, 479x320) Image search: [Google]
lrs1660.jpg
18 KB, 479x320
My grandmother is 85 and has been really sad lately as many of her friends have been dying lately. What can I say to her to console her when I cannot truly empathize?
>>
>>16609929
Just spend time with her. You're the one person she loves who won't die (well, barring bizarre circumstances). Offer to do stuff with her, like go to lunch or a movie or just hang out. Help fill the void left by her friends.
>>
threaten to have her put down
>>
Just be there to listen, talk to her and include her in your life. Old people like that. Invite her out for like coffee or lunch if you really want to make her day.
>>
You can only be there for her. When you get old family is necessary not to feel alone as friends will decrease. Take her out a lot, keep her company to cheer her up. She will grieve but if you keep her company she can get through it. Maybe look through photo albums with her and reminiscence good times, or bring her to some kind of social event where other people her age are there for her to become friends with, like a bridge club or something.
>>
>>16609931
I wish I could but I live on the other side of the country, but visit maybe once a year
>>
>>16609943
>>16609931
Just take her places when you are with her. Ask her for advice, talk to her
>>
Yeah, talk to her. Maybe she wants to talk about the good old times with her friends or something? Or introduce her to new modern things.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.