[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My job makes me want to cry. Literally. I dread waking up, when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_lrzi56MEUD1qhz2l3o1_500.jpg (60 KB, 500x459) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lrzi56MEUD1qhz2l3o1_500.jpg
60 KB, 500x459
My job makes me want to cry. Literally. I dread waking up, when I'm there I spend most of my time trying not to kill myself, and when I get home from work I usually just sob.

Is this normal? I know everyone hates their job but this seems excessive. What's the way out of this? I look for better jobs online every day and there isn't anything I'm qualified for that pays as well as the job I have now. The city I live in doesn't have anything I'm interested in.
>>
>>16609891
Prostitution is pretty rough on the soul, yeah.
>>
>I'd rather cry every day than take a pay cut.
you should kill yourself.
>>
>>16609917
I make 14 an hour right now and everything else pays less than 10 an hour. It's not like I'm talking six figures.
>>
>>16609981
see if the post office is hiring, that's where I work and it sucks real bad but I make more than you and don't cry.
>>
>>16609891
Do you work at a callcenter? Maybe you need vacations.
>>
>>16609891
My job stresses me out and is depressing. I fluctuate between being okay with everything I experience, and being so sad about my work that it's hard to go.

I work with mentally disturbed children. Not only do you see sad things on the job, some of these kids go home to shitty parents too.

I've questioned if I'm capable of this shit, but the pay is good, and I'm good at my job. No one ever wants this job either, so like if I can take care of the children for a few hours a day and give them momentary joy and security, then it is worth it.

But I get 13 sick days and 13 vacation days a year, and I honestly use all of them every year.

Is your job similar?
>>
>>16609891
I'd suggest speaking to a doctor. You may be depressed. There are things which can be done about this, both pharmaceutical and not. Speak, listen. You don't have to follow whatever advice you are given. Do this, see where it takes you.
>>
>>16609891

>I know everyone hates their job

Woah there buddy, no need to project me a PowerPoint, I currently love my job
>>
>>16609891
Try applying to jobs you're not qualified for. The worst that could happen is that you get turned down and you're in the same spot.
Bonus points if you have a good reference letter to show off your character. I got my job over someone who was disgustingly more qualified by just being someone my boss liked more.
>>
>>16610000
That sounds like it could be fun.
>>
>>16609891
>Is this normal?
No it's not. You can try taking >>16610073 's advice, and it may help. It's definitely worth a shot. But if after that your job is still making you miserable, then you need to find something else. Look very hard at your budget and figure out how to live on that $10 an hour if it comes to that. Whatever you do, do NOT stay in that job so long that you burn out and are so depressed, anxious, and mentally broken that you can't work at all. Then instead of trying to figure out how to live on $10/hr you have to figure out how to live on $0/hr. I'm going through that now and it fucking sucks, so let my mistake be a lesson to you.

Not sure how slim the pickings are for those lower-paying jobs, but try to find one that you can easily excel at, where you can go the extra mile if need be without killing yourself; and if possible, one that isn't food service or one of those other fields where they use employees like kleenex and throw them away. You might be able to turn $10/hr into $12/hr within a couple years if you play your cards right and luck into the right kind of job. You'll likely have more success at that with a small company than a big corp.

But whatever you do, do everything you can to improve your mental health because if that goes, you're boned.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.