[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please help /adv/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_mpagbiPvgh1sxd5yio1_500.jpg (32 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mpagbiPvgh1sxd5yio1_500.jpg
32 KB, 500x667
I think my first serious boyfriend just broke up with me. He's having a really hard time with everything and I've been feeling him disconnecting but I was pushing him to talk to me about it when he didn't want to. He has send me a text saying it's not easy but he doesn't think he can continue and wishes I will have a good life. Is there a chance it was a spur of the moment thing and he will reconsider when things get easier? Ho do I get over my first for everyrhing?
>>
Definitely talk to him. If for nothing else, for the fact that you deserve more than a crappy text.

Do you want this relationship to continue or have you had enough of him?
>>
>>16608472
I hope he will talk to me but I feel like he is running away from any responsibility. We are currently like 5 hours apart and if he chooses to treat me like this then there's nothing i can do. I can't force him to give me any closure.

He has never acted this way and I don't know if he just got tired of me or if this is how he handles stress but I would too literally anything to make it work if he just faced the situation and talked to me. I don't understand why he is being like this. I guess my love and care is just misplaced.
>>
>>16608454
>>16608488
I'd tell him that you respect his feelings but would like a bit more closure than a text message. Try to talk with him on the phone or in person about his feelings, and that you at least deserve that before you two split. If he agrees, don't try to guilt or otherwise sway him into staying with you. Instead, focus on understanding why he feels the way he does and his thought process behind splitting up. It'll still hurt but might give you some closure. However, if he refuses to talk about it, then just accept things as they are because he has some growing to do and you're probably better off without him at this point.
>>
>>16608488
>5 hours apart
This is why long distance relationships aren't real relationships. You only see a little slice of him that he is willing to share with you and you have no idea what he is doing the rest of the day.

>this is how he handles stress
If this is that's a red flag, because it's a sign of trust issues. If you really care for him, he should have trusted you with his problems.

> I don't understand why he is being like this
It appears to me that there is either another girl, or he wants to be the "man" and solve his own problems not trusting you. If it's the former, you have tough luck, if it's the latter, talking to him and helping him could help.
>>
>>16608513
I hope he will realize that this isn't a decent way to leave someone and he will talk to me. It's just infuriating to think that a person can just turn around and brush off someone they supposedly loved like this. I know I might never get any closure from him and I'm better off without someone who doesn't care about my feelings but it still hurts.

>>16608514
>This is why long distance relationships aren't real relationships.

I know. We were moving in together when things that happened forced us apart again. He's been distant since he went back home to sort it.

>If this is that's a red flag, because it's a sign of trust issues.

I have my own trust issues too and I'm far from perfect so I wonder if things would have been different if I had just let him have his space. I was most likely too frantic because I wanted to hear from him at least once a day. Probably not though.If there is someone else I don't understand why people can't just be honest with each other.
>>
He sounds like a coward. Better off without him.
>>
>>16608454
i hope not. women are really terrible.
>>
>>16608609
What are you even saying?
>>
>>16608597
Don't assume you know what's going on with him dude. He could be over stressed because he das to do some dishes or because he has someone's blood on his hands, don't assume what he is going through
>>
>>16608612
He could still do better than breaking up through a one line text.
>>
Update: He says he cares about me but he has too much going on right now and he doesn't want me to have any expectations. He says we can stay in contact.

So it's safe to say he's just too "nice" to tell me he's over me? I can't imagine being in love with someone and not making the effort to make it work. Better luck next time I guess.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.