[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is the purpose of my life? how does one gather the courage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Desert.jpg (826 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Desert.jpg
826 KB, 1024x768
what is the purpose of my life? how does one gather the courage to not conform to a "regular" life? i work 40 hours a week as a forklift mechanic and im just not happy with my life.. i feel like theres alot more to life
>>
How is the money? How is your social life and where are you academically?
>>
>>16607535
money is okay and increasing continually. social life is decent im a 22 year old skateboarder. with four years of electrical engineering schooling. im superior to the other mechanics (that arent master techs) because of my past experience... but paid alot less because i guess my age. i have no girlfriend but have girls that come and go frequently
>>
>>16607548

So you finished your degree right? Get licenced and start applying to engineering positions as an entry level engineer.

Isn't that what you wanted to do with your degree?
>>
>>16607548
What are doing as a mechanic with an engineering degree?
>>
i have completely lost all interest in being an engineer. its hell. i want to be my own boss i want to outsource into the self employable section of the world where people succeed at extreme heights. i was starting to focus on the stock market but i get overwhelmed by trying to get myself used to it
>>
>>16607589

No no you get licensed, get a number of years of experience on your belt, make some good money then switch careers into an entrepreneur.
>>
i cant even enjoy it. i quit my last postion and switched to this and i enjoy it alot more but nobody will take someone my age seriously. especially when youre dealing with people that are on average less intelligent then yourself
>>
Anon take the fucking initiative here. Get some years of experience on your belt so you have something to fall back on when you want to go back or switch into another engineering job not electrical you dofus.

Elec is a great degree not many people have the ability to pass ffs. Why you are in shitty forlift mechanic position where a high school kid who is 18 could do is beyond me.

Stop fucking around and do what I said. Being an adult is all about doing things you don't want to do but have to do.
>>
a forklift mechanic is a bit harder then you could imagine because of them being so highely influenced by electronics. which almost everyone cant get a grip around. theres money to be made in this field and its what i like doing i just keep holding myself back for no reason and i end up being stuck in the same spot i am year after year and one day im gonna wake up and be 50 years old and just as unhappy as i was 28 years ago. then you die and it was all a waste
>>
>>16607611

I don't understand how hard it is to put in 3 years into an entry level job as an engineer then go back to forklifitng. Once you get experience you are a hot commodity in terms of what you can switch into and what is offered to you.

How are you holding yourself back as a forklift mechanic? I mean just do your job and punch out dude, shit isn't rocket science.
>>
>>16607625
i mean im holding myself back because i dont want anything to do with engineering. in any sense i cant figure out what i want and i know being a mechanic isnt what i want.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.