[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been working inside a hardware store for a year and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1450894035882.png (85 KB, 293x480) Image search: [Google]
1450894035882.png
85 KB, 293x480
I've been working inside a hardware store for a year and one of my workers are quitting. My boss asked me if I knew anything who needs a job. My brother comes to mind, but he has never had a job. He is 26. No experience or anything. He is also known for being very lazy.

Should I recommend my brother or will he make me look bad by being inexperienced? Really mixed up here.
>>
>very lazy
Nope. Don't recommend him.
>>
>>16606888

Nope. That would just make your boss blame you for your brother's failures and expect you to police his actions. You don't need a child's hand to hold on top of having a job as well.
>>
>>16606910
Well, what can I do to help him? I get him applications but he never fills them out or goes out to get apps.
>>
File: Saved.jpg (397 KB, 650x431) Image search: [Google]
Saved.jpg
397 KB, 650x431
>>16606917
You can't help him.
>>
>>16606986
What can? We don't have money for a counselor.
>>
File: Rills.jpg (145 KB, 345x530) Image search: [Google]
Rills.jpg
145 KB, 345x530
>>16606989
Well, usually it requires the person to realize that life is finite, that people are going to die and not be around to sponge of off.
>>
>>16606888
>will he make me look bad by being inexperienced?

a lack of experience isn't what makes someone look bad - after all there is always training.
It's work ethic that's the issue.

Now, I only got my job through nepotism, and I'd consider myself a lazy prick. But, I show up on time and hit my rates because I know and respect the fact that someone put their reputation on the line for me.

If you could honestly say the same for you brother, take the damned chance - it could be the best thing that ever happened to him.

If not, then it really aint worth the personal risks.

Ultimately, it's up to you to come to your own conclusions. "an internet stranger told me too" aint enough of an excuse to get you off the hook if things go tits up.

I was one of the good ones - my bosses stepson however, fucked my bosses rep up a little by stealin' condoms.

ultimately, you know your brother and you know your workplace - the only one to come to an informed decision is you.

Don't let internet strangers convince you to make an idea that goes against your own best judgement. Think of what's at risk, and whether it's worth it.

It's more you on the line than him after all.
>>
>>16607006
I know it'd be his best news in a very long time. I'm just worried he will get fired within a month and I'll be to blame. I only have this job to learn hardware and pay for college.
>>
>>16607012
Then it might be worth talkin' to your brother. Make sure he has realistic expectations for a workplace;
>Such as dealing with rude customers.
>Cleaning up after people.
>or as my old college tutor said to me "saying "thank you" when you want to say "fuck you" ".

You've got good intentions, but as the sayin' goes, they pave the way to hell. It's up to you to make sure they go in the right direction.

Assess the risks, make sure that you're brother knows it's "work", not "play" before you put yourself on the line.

Good luck. I'd honestly hate to be in your position. Choosing between a family member you care about, and your on personal security.
Although, I ALWAYS recommend putting yourself first, after all; if you can't protect yourself, how can you help others?
>>
I tried to help my brother. It went bad. He blamed me and stole my laptop. Haven't seen or spoken to him in 3 years. If only I didn't try to help him.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.