[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know what to do anymore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: food-01.jpg (638 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
food-01.jpg
638 KB, 1920x1200
I posted yesterday or the other day (I already forget) about my horrible eating habits and weight loss struggle. I've pretty much just said "fuck it" to counting calories all week and it's Saturday and I've gone from 178 to 196 in a week. I just want to look good and be happy with my body. I've been going to planet fitness every day (sometimes twice and I thought about 3 times once) and trying to eat less (besides this week) but I just fucking can't lose weight. I'm saving up so I can set up a home gym since planet fitness is all there is, but I still wonder about if I can handle my eating habits. I want to start fresh next week but I know I'll ultimately fail due to my habits or I'll just go back to my constant 180 weight and still hate how I look. I also badly want to get my own apartment so I can be away from all this food, but I can't since my seasonal work just ended. I just want to feel happy. I'm just ranting at this point about how much I hate myself, but I would just like to vent and maybe get my mind away from thoughts of suicide. I've attempted twice in the past, but for different reasons. Anyways, I guess I need advice.
>>
>>16606467
Why did you say fuck it all to counting your calories?
>>
You should know that many Anons, including myself, just hide threads relating to mental disorders. You have one. You don't need advice, you need therapy. Advice is "soup or salad?" It's not "fix me." We can't fix you over the internet. Your way of thinking is unhealthy and you need to have someone teach you new ways. That takes support, time and training. The only thing you will accomplish here is to reinforce the normality of your issues by talking about them for minutes/hours.
>>
advice on what? no one else can change your eating habits for you and it doesn't seem like you even try. you want to be rewarded with losing all the extra weight you have for not eating one treat you want. it's not and it never will be easy and real results take hard work.
>>
What do you eat?
>>
you don't have to count like a pro, just know in general what foods are high in calories and which aren't.
I lost 20 lbs in 2 months by calculating like this:
bread? I should eat less
veggies? more
nuts? healthy. but less cause calories
ditch juice drink water
meat? less
cheese? high in calories but tasty
if you have cravings brush your teeth sometimes it helps.
I also did some running 3 days a week for 30 min. secret is to do it often, not 5 days in a row then give up forever.

good luck
>>
>>16606482
Thanks I think. I would seek help but no one in my family really takes me serious and I can't afford it. I guess I'm just gonna try to fix myself. I was needing advice on ways to change bad habits, but I guess I can still try online
>>
>>16606480
Just because it stresses me out and I feel hungry all the times. I try to eat 1500 a day normally because that's what is needed to lose weight for me but I have a serious weakness to food when its near me and there's always an excess amount of food at home and now at my grandmas where I'm staying. I know I'm the problem, but like ive said I think I could really control it if I was living alone. That's just something I need to get on though of course. It's not like u guys can help there
>>
>>16606491
I try to eat once a day at night but theres always food being made by my grandma, stuff like tamales, beans, rice, cakes, meat and all kinds of stuff I really want to try when I see it because I'm a fatass. I try to only get a bit at a time but I do it so much it just adds up quick way past my 1500 calorie limit
>>
>>16606467
>l'm just ranting at this point

Yes you are. This isn't a bIog for whining. Everyone has their situations.

/adv/ isn't for giving you pity.
>>
>>16606757
Well I did ask for advice at the end but I understand
>>
Sounds like you have already got enough diet/fitness advice because you know what you're doing wrong.

Try just maintaining your weight for a while. Give yourself a break, you're getting manic.

Look at pictures of attractive/stylish people who are roughly your size and shape. Always makes me feel better and get my head out of despair
>>
>>16606467
OP you fat fuck I'm in the same boat as you so listen here you faggot. Don't stop eating. Just start eating less, and cut all sugars from your diet. That is the key.

No candy bars.
NO FUCKING SODA YOU FAT SLUT.
Just drink tons of water and limit how much you ingest.
Don't count calories that's for fucking nerds. Just eat less. A great trick for this is to only use small plates during dinner. It's been proven that people who eat a full, smaller plate of food feel less hungry than those who ate the same amount of food on a bigger plate.
>>
>>16606792
Thanks for the input, means a lot.
>>
>>16606878
Thanks a lot, I'll definitely try to change. I wish you luck too
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.