[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
help me please
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_nyev5b5saQ1uegdydo1_1280.jpg (295 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyev5b5saQ1uegdydo1_1280.jpg
295 KB, 1000x1000
after i came home for christmas i fell back into the depression pit,
i should be studying for my state exam in april, but instead i sleep 11 hours a night, im in the same pyjama for 3 days, i barely eat, i don't leave my room. i just manage to lie on bed, lurk in the internet and brush my teeth once a day. my parents dont even realise somethings wrong.
help me please, how do i get myself out of this?? please help.

pic is not me , but could be my twin.
>>
Go see a fucking counselor.

I don't see why people are so afraid to do this. It's literally someone that sits there and listens to you, with no judgement, whose feelings aren't involved, which allows them to objectively assess your situation and offer advice or medication.

See a couple. Decide who you like best. If someone offers you pharmaceuticals on your first visit, do not go back to that doctor.
>>
>to do list
>>
>>16606145
i did, im on the waiting list for a counselor since nobody has capacities.
im already on medication, but it doesnt prevent the lows, it just makes them less deep.

any tips on how to get out of the low?
>>
>>16606128
We are similar. Any time I have too much time on my hands for more than a week, even if I have to study or prepare for something important, I just do nothing and stop caring for myself.

I planned ahead for my christmas vacation and I made a list of all the things I want to do over break to get my life in order. The first couple of days of break, I relaxed because I was overwhelmed and needed it. Then I made a positive list and wrote encouraging notes to myself on the list. Like "Relax, don't get overwhelmed, you can do it"

As stupid as it sounds, it has helped. I allowed myself to only do one task a day. So that I don't get overwhelmed by all the things I want to do and give up and lay in bed for several days.

But making schedules works for me. I need structure in my life. And the moment I get off a regular schedule, my life spirals down.
>>
Well, it is really all about the state of mind. You are feeling guilt and hopelessness because you feel -you should be studying- but you aren't.

Think about this seriously though: who the fuck studies in advance for an exam that is 4 months away? Are you able to say, even if you had studied at this point in time, you would remember the content of your studies at this point of time which would be relevant and useful and not outdated by the time the exam rolls around? Are you able to say you have all the notes and material that is relevant to the subject area being covered in the exam, and the only factor of blame is you?

In terms of lying on bed, lurking the internet and brushing your teeth, you're really only doing this because you've trapped yourself into a false ideal about "studying for an exam" and therefore making yourself unable to enjoy the free time you have between now till term starts again in January.

I would simply say let go and enjoy yourself, get shit out of your system and then when term starts, throw yourself properly into studying for the exam when you are in an environment with no distractions. At the rate you are going, when it comes to the time you actually study, you won't be able to.
>>
>>16606128
>im in the same pyjama for 3 days

lol, as if thats bad.
>>
You choose depression because you need an excuse for your laziness.

Now it's not the time to be sad but it's time for you to study. Do it and your future self will thank you inmensely.
>>
File: 1445178015727.png (641 KB, 906x619) Image search: [Google]
1445178015727.png
641 KB, 906x619
same boat, just thought i'd chime in

you're not alone. I sincerely hope you beat it and report back, so I can live vicariously through you
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.