[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to deal with a friend who has suddenly decided they don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: haaaiags.jpg (37 KB, 701x394) Image search: [Google]
haaaiags.jpg
37 KB, 701x394
How to deal with a friend who has suddenly decided they don't want your friendship anymore?

Been very close friends with someone for 2 years - used to talk daily and hang out every other day. Recently he doesn't want to hang out, rarely replies to texts - he isn't rude, but he only talks to me if he really needs something and tends to ignore me otherwise. Recently he started dating a girl who has made it clear she doesn't want him to be friends with me so I'm guessing she's the reason for his sudden coldness, as I've noticed he's still friendly with everyone else. She seems like a poisonous person and his other friends agree with me, but he's infautated with her, it doesn't seem like anything we say will change that.

In short, how do I stop letting this get me down? It's difficult when it's a person I grew used to being able to rely on and hanging out with all the time.
>>
Make more friends

Losing friends is a part of life, they come and go. That's just how it is.
>>
Friends don't let friends date shitty people. If she's as much of a bitch as you say then you and your other friends should tell him what you think of her because he'll only get hurt in the end
>>
>>16605739

I'm going through something semi-similar. Not the dating part but with a friend who has been a challenge to get ahold of (he's always gone through bouts of it).

The solution like the first guy said is to just get more friends. You can't keep depending on people who are not dependable.
>>
Don't put all of your eggs in one basket. Be above then and have many more friends to turn to.

It's part of life.
>>
>>16605746
I'm just not really that great at making friends, certainly not close friends. I have maybe 3 or 4 close friends so losing one feels like a big deal to me.

>>16605751
A number of us have mentioned to him that we don't like her because she seems manipulative and she tells lies a lot, and he seemed genuinely shocked but continues to date her. He's head over heels.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.