[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was invited to spend a few days in the woods by a friend and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
I was invited to spend a few days in the woods by a friend and want to know if I should do it. It's a girl, so maybe we can skip the accusations of homosexuality right off. It's in NC near the mountains on private property, but I don't know if I should do it. I'd have to buy some supplies and it's kind of a spur of the moment thing. She mentioned hunting too, so I either buy camouflage or just not give a damn and just enjoy time with a girl and let the actual hunting go second. I planned on taking my rifle either way for protection, so there's that.

I've been wanting an adventure but have limited options around me, but this seems like a good idea in a way. I am hesitant to accept and commit to it though, and I don't really know why.

Should I do it? If I don't do it will I regret it? I don't usually do things like this but I have wanted to for the longest time.
>>
>>16605465
Go, have fun. It'll get you inna woods for a few days, at the very least. Don't go in with preconceived notions of anything else beyond that; it'll only lead to disappointment if you do. Enjoy the time outdoors and in good company, and if things progress beyond that, hey, added bonus.
Take a little spontaneous risk, son.
>>
>>16605471

I don't expect anything to happen, if you're talking about what I think you are. I'm just thinking about leaving my house like I haven't really done in five years and just being out, you know? I don't want to do something stupid or unexpected and then regret it later, but at the same time I don't want to not do it and regret it later.

I'm also fighting with myself because I am an adult and I should be able to make up my own mind on this, but I can't. I'm like a hobbit, honestly. I like my home and my area, but at the same time I want at least some adventure like I said. Will it matter though if I'm sitting in my chair in front of my computer or in the woods around a small fire? It may not be a difficult decision for other people but I am still indecisive.
>>
>>16605508
>>I don't expect anything to happen, if you're talking about what I think you are.
Can't blame me for assuming, considering 95% of all the fucking posts on this board invariably lead to the same question.
Put the situation into context: it's only a few days, then you get to go back to your comfort zone. This is a call to adventure if there ever was one. If your normal gig is to just fart around your house and local area, then getting outdoors--out into a controlled location, no less, considering it's on private property--is a break from that. You could do well with a change in routine.
>>
>>16605465
>she mentioned hunting too

Why can't I find a cute girl my age like this
>>
>>16605520

I don't blame you for thinking that, don't worry. I'd be lying if I said it hadn't crossed my mind. I am a man after all. I think you are right about the call to adventure. She said her family is going and her brother is taking his girlfriend whom she hates, so she doesn't want to really stay in the cabin.

You're also right about a break in my routine.

>>16605526

She doesn't like hunting herself but said I should since she knows I do. She said she'd sit with me and wait.
>>
do it faggot, there's nothing to lose, you get to work on your social skills given that you'll actually communicate with a different human being, you'll enjoy being in the woods since it's different and a breath of fresh air and you might even get a story to tell to your grandkids.
>>
don't kill innocent animals tho at least if you're going to do it eat their meat and be a real fucking man
>>
>>16605531

Relax, pal.

>>16605535

Why would anyone let good meat go to waste?
>>
>>16605528
If her family is going as well, treat it like any other gathering in which you're a guest: polite, affable and appreciative for the opportunity. Go along with their suggestions; if the family is there, nothing outlandish is going to be suggested and they'll probably be consider your presence as a welcome one, if you get on well enough with your friend.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.