[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need to make about $3000-$5000 between now and May, but my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: money-07.jpg (1 MB, 1864x1680) Image search: [Google]
money-07.jpg
1 MB, 1864x1680
I need to make about $3000-$5000 between now and May, but my school schedule doesn't really allow for a job. What are my other options?

>sorry for the generic uninspired image
>>
>>16605265
>my school schedule doesn't really allow for a job
Elaborate
>>
bump

in same rut as OP, except while i do have a minimum low paying job, i'd love to know of more efficienct ways of making money without having a job that sucks up all my time
>>
>>16605265
Might be able to get $1-2k in that amount of time by donating plasma. Other than that, some kind of part-time work is probably the best you can do if you want to stick to shit that's actually legal. As for jobs conflicting with your school schedule, it's really a matter of which you need more - money or sleep.

What do you need the money for? Just curious.
>>
Work nights as a server/bartender and save tips.
>>
>>16605280
If there were more efficient ways of making money than having jobs, most people wouldn't have jobs.

>>16605287
This is actually not a bad idea. If you're not drinking age yet, you can still wait tables at bars (I think?).
>>
Well that's part of the nature of going to school mate, can you collect student loan money or work night shifts or something
>>
>>16605275
Physics II + Lab
Calculus II
Statistics II + Lab
Cellular Biology + Lab
Environmental Policy + Lab
President of two clubs on campus

Occupied all day Mon-Fri and maybe 25% of the weekend days.
School comes first so I'm not going to forfeit sleep for some night shift job.
>>
Wow what a coincidence. Same position as OP. Need 3-5k by May. Exactly. What can I do?
>>
>>16605294
That's actually not so bad. I do all that, almost identically, including leadership in lots of clubs, and still manage a part time.

But I was also crazy while in school and I'm trying to cut back because I got about 2 hours of sleep a night for the first 2 and a half years of this.
So similarly, I want to make the money. Wondering what I can do.
>>
>>16605294
damn op nice classes

I am doing a night shift but then again my classes arent as hard as your and im only taking 4. So night shift makes sense to me
>>
Sell ass. I hear the market is high right now
>>
My friend makes like 400k a year just by going on dates with guys through that "seekingarrangements" site and I hate that she is so easily able to do this. She is in school too.

Basically she just has to enjoy free meals and can occasionally have sex with a guy and she gets a 6 figure salary. Even if she just chooses to do it with one guy only, and only meets him once a week, she still gets almost 250k salary from him just as a gift. She says it's all doctors and surgeons and the money comes in so easily she can't believe it..
>>
>>16605308
this was just about to say that to OP

if your a female you will have men paying you for simply holding their hand. If your a chick and your hot you should have no problem doing stuff like this anon said
>>
>>16605308
There's nothing dignified about being a sugar baby.
>>
>>16605304
I'm not the OP, but if I weren't trying to race money specifically for the purpose of buying my girlfriend her engagement ring, I would go right along with this in the most anonymous ways possible. But I couldn't live with myself knowing I bought an engagement ring with money almost entirely from doing that.
>>
>>16605317
>engagement ring
Learn to live within your means. Buy a cheaper ring now, then splash out on the wedding ring later if you want to.
>>
>>16605316
>>16605315
It's so frustrating for me working at $7.50 an hour to see her getting paid like this though just for going out on fancy dinners.

Anyway, she tells me "if you ever need an extra few thousand, just ask. I will give it to you, but only if you really need it."

So I think of her as something of a last resort in case I really do need help, like I'm homeless for whatever reason one day and need serious help.

But she's doing pre-med school herself at an ivy league school with me and her parents are rich and she has no student debt or anything like that at all. She really has it so easy she doesn't understand..

And yet, she's depressed, she goes out and gets herself pretty brutually raped every once in a while (she's not lying either, they found an employee who had raped her unconscious body in the restroom of a pizza place, shit like that). She is absolutely depressed and crazy without a doubt.

So she's fucked up, very much so, but if she WEREN'T, she would just be making 400k a year doing jack shit.
Something about me can't help but become envious because of that.
>>
>>16605317
Don't spend that much on an engagement ring. It's a fucking rock and a fake "tradition" invented by people who sell diamonds.
>>
>>16605337
Ok I should explain. There's more that we need to buy as a couple in that money than just an engagement ring. I'm not planning to spend that much on the ring, don't worry.

My point was just that given the nature that I need to use the money for me and my girl, not just me alone, I wouldn't be comfortable selling myself, despite the possibility of making money that way. That's all I meant to say.
>>
>>16605335
>7.50
da faq, thats below minimum wage da faq u do man?
>>
>>16605335
>So she's fucked up, very much so, but if she WEREN'T, she would just be making 400k a year doing jack shit.
You sure? What makes you think she would be doing that if she weren't fucked up? No normal girl is willing to do shit like that, even for that much money. Your friend's situation is a result of her fucked up head, not something separate. If she weren't fucked up, she wouldn't be doing it, I promise you. You have absolutely nothing to envy
>>
>>16605340
>I'm not planning to spend that much on the ring, don't worry.
That's a relief. And I completely agree with your point about not wanting to prostitute yourself to finance anything in your relationship with your gf. That'd be skeevy as fuck and not fair to her either. Your priorities are fine.
>>
>>16605344
>No normal girl is willing to do shit like that, even for that much money.
The way my finances have been these last few years, I'd do it - that is, if I were single, more than a 5/10 on my best days, and 20 years old instead of 40. But then I'm not normal.
>>
>>16605357
>But then I'm not normal.
Exactly. If it were so easy and 'empowering' instead of degrading, more girls would do it.
>>
>>16605342
Not at all where I am. I go to school in Philadelphia. We get $7.50 an hour before taxes, which are really pretty high too.

>>16605344
I'll try to keep that in mind..
>>
>>16605300

>2 hours of sleep for two years

Okay, look..please don't lie. You would be fucking dead or at the very least have irrevocable health problems. But if you are telling the truth, how the FUCK could you actually do this and still have brain function to post today?
>>
>>16605370
I took half hour naps between classes. And I always studied and did assignments lying down, still do. So I'm kind of half asleep, half awake doing things, but fall asleep around 5, get up at 7, class at 8, and repeat my day like that. Sleep a lot on breaks like fall/spring break. I was just constantly pretty tired but always running around from one thing to the next with calendar-like lists I would write on my computer.

To be honest, it's terrible because I never really had time to focus so much on one thing that I could put all my effort into it. Instead I was always spreading myself thin and it made me mediocre at everything. I wouldn't recommend it. Now I'm cutting off almost everything and just trying to focus on a few things, the things I really like and think I have the best shot at.

This is really off topic from the OP anyway..
>>
>>16605370
I used to get fevers sometimes fairly easily from lack of sleep, then I would keep going to classes and things on the fever, rest a little between classes, and then hope it went away, or if it didn't then I would take a good night's sleep or so on a weekend and try to sleep it off.
>>
>>16605294

You may not like the idea, but apply for a remote call center.

You could also tutor high school kids in maths/sciences
>>
>>16605335
Post photos of her
>>
>>16605344
I would do it if I have an emergency like one of my parents sick or something like that. Thankfully I have free education.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.