[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My girlfriend and I are tired of our shitty fashion sense. We're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: ef3.gif (1 MB, 267x199) Image search: [Google]
ef3.gif
1 MB, 267x199
My girlfriend and I are tired of our shitty fashion sense. We're tired of being plain and boring.
>be me
>button-down plaid shirts, t-shirts, jeans
>be her
>long-sleeve shirts, button-down plaid shirts, t-shirts, jeans

She wants to look sexy, I wanna look fashionable. Where do we go?
>>
/fa/
>>
>>16605093
I went there, but it was just memes and shit. I'm talking outside 4chan.
>>
>>16605086

She could go for classic vintage sexy, as in Dita von Teese. ModCloth is a good website for various vintage inspired styles, and as a plus, you can see other people wearing what you want to buy before purchasing. I've put together a few amazing outfits that way. As a guy, I don't know. Just don't go to /fa/, if you want to look like a straight, fashionable male.
>>
>>16605086
>I wanna look fashionable
What exactly do you mean? Because that could go into a lot of different directions, and some aren't exactly all that great.
>>
>>16605098
I don't mean to ask for spoon-feeding, but what exactly do you mean by a "Dita von Teese" look? All I find in Google Images is lingerie. And I know you mean every-day outfits.

If you're inclined do share, do you have either pictures or links to outfits you've picked out from ModCloth?
>>
>>16605101
I guess I should've been more specific. As for what I'm looking for, I'm not really sure. I know what I'm not looking for--I'm sick of the nu beta male look, I could never pull off being a chad, and hipster fashion makes me sick.
>>
File: second-look-dress-110-1333x2000.jpg (109 KB, 1333x2000) Image search: [Google]
second-look-dress-110-1333x2000.jpg
109 KB, 1333x2000
>>16605105
>I don't mean to ask for spoon-feeding, but what exactly do you mean by a "Dita von Teese" look? All I find in Google Images is lingerie.
She happens to have her own line of vintage lingerie, make-up, perfume, etc. But if you actually find outfits of her, she's inspired by the late and great actresses of the 40s and 50s. She looks classically sexy/beautiful, because of her style, and not like your typical 40-something year old.

As for outfits I've picked out, they no longer carry some things (just tried looking at my order history). It's mostly just solid/printed a-line dresses with a cardigan and matching belt/shoes. Very flattering for most body types.
>>
>>16605105
https://www.modcloth.com/style-gallery

Here's a gallery. You probably won't like the people, or the outfits they put together, but you can learn how to tweak things to your specifications.
>>
>>16605110
Can you show me what a typical outfit of yours looks like? Is there a particular time period that you're drawn to? For guys, you don't really have too many options. You just have to learn how to perfect what you do.
>>
>>16605153
Currently I just wear t-shirts (graphic or otherwise) and button-down plaid shirts. I've worn the same shit since high school. I'd like to strike out on an actual style instead of always looking like I tried my least to put anything on on any given day.

Considering the 40/50's inspired clothes mentioned here >>16605130, it would be interesting to do a modern-take on that stuff. I've always loved film noir and classic shit, but fedoras and trench coats are generally cringe-worthy.
>>
>>16605130
I wouldn't call A-line dresses sexy.
>>
>>16605086
>you
>button-down plaid shirts, t-shirts, jeans
>her
>long-sleeve shirts, button-down plaid shirts, t-shirts, jeans

Needs moar wife beaters, hoodies, and turtle necks :P

Your fashion sense if perfectly fine. Don't doll yourself up if you don't need to. You'll look, well, foppish.
>>
>>16606424
It's not that we particularly think our fashion sense could improve by adding some chad polo's and leather mini skirts. We both are as into visual art as you can be without being an "avant-garde" hipster. She paints in her free time and I work in film. Aesthetics are pleasing to both of us. We want to look good, not just "good". There's nothing wrong with button-down plaids and long-sleeve shirts--it's just that I've worn the same shit for nearly a decade and I've gotten bored
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.