[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I buy an Apple Watch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 1242x2208
Pic related is one I want. What all can they do? It seems so fucking nifty and shiny.
>>
>>16604779
Do you have an iphone?
>>
>>16604804
Obvs
>>
>>16604817
Then it'll do exactly what your phone does, and less. Smart watches don't offer much just yet, save your money and wait until they're actually useful
>>
>>16604821
So what exactly does it do? I'm thinking it would be useful when biking/walking, so I don't have to pull my phone out to change songs and shit. I broke my last galaxy phone like that and that's why I even have iPhone now.

Thoughts?
>>
>>16604840
If you think spending the money on an apple watch is worth being able to change your songs easier, then go ahead, it's your money. You can get earphones that allow you to change songs, by the way.
>>
>>16604850
Already have jaybird bluebuds x or something. Pricey sports Bluetooth headphones. Can't change songs with those and really like them.

Idk I'm undecided. Need to figure out what all it can do. So far it looks like it runs yoga apps, can change songs, displays texts/emails, has heart rate monitor, makes calls with mic and is alarm. Is that everything?
>>
>>16604871
I'm not 100% familiar with the Apple watch, but it's up to you to decide whether it'd be worth it. I personally think I don't need a smart watch, I think they're gimmicky and I think the functions they offer are too few for the price.
>>
>>16604779
Don't buy it, not worth the money, barely use it. If price isn't an issue then buy it.
>>
Does anyone here own one? Would like opinions from those types.

Looks like it does maps (probably not Google though blah) and productivity apps. Wunderlist, which I don't usually use. Would be really awesome to have to do list on watch
>>
One downside is that the workout apps are all exclusively cardio. Not a problem specific to Apple Watch; it's all the phones and everything too. But yeah a limitation.
>>
>>16604779
If you have money burning a hole in your pocket and want a watch that needs charging every other day, go for it.
If you really want convincing either way, look up reviews and check out its FEATURES (what it can do) and its BENEFITS (what is actually good, what it is useful for), if you want one just to look good or some stupid shit you probably shouldn't waste your money on it, get a normal watch instead.
>>
Okay I bought it. If it helps me exercise more I'll consider it a worthwhile purchase. Here's hoping.
>>
>>16604966
I can't imagine how ANY device could measure anything else. Heart rate is heart rate, whether cardio or lifting. And heart rate is the standard measurement of one's exertion. I can't think of how anything could measure what you pick up and put back down, short of a scale.
>>
They are shiny. I'm not sold on the nifty part. Nifty in what sense? They're slightly more convenient than looking at your phone's lock screen.
>>
>>16606489
I'm mostly hoping it's good for exercise. Motivating me to move, yoga instruction on wrist instead of placing phone awkwardly on the ground, heart rate etc. plus being able to keep phone secure and safe in a backpack or something while exercising and still being able to change songs and playlists.

Maybe I've just wasted $350 but we'll see.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.