[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you think that you won't marry her just because of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Why do you think that you won't marry her just because of a few jokes? Apologies, don't join the army and don't joke about joining the army, problem solved.
>>
All because of a joke? Cmom dude, if this is gonna be the reason for you not marrying her you'll regret not trying to make it better, so go apologize. That's what I would do, but it's up to you what you do.
>>
>>16604776
>>16604773
It's that I don't want to marry her anymore, it's that I'm afraid she's not gonna want to marry me now. I may have just ended our relationship.
>>
>>16604785
Dude over a joke?
>>
>>16604785
Well fuck if she does she wasn't worth keeping anyway, who the fuck throws away a relationship on one incident like that
>>
>>16604801
She can be very petty and she was fuming when she stormed out.
>>16604802
I don't know if she's gonna drop me or not. But a lot of stories like these end with her finding another shoulder to cry on thus a dick to ride on
>>
>>16604785
Of course she will still marry you.
The reason why your joke even hurt her is because she loves you so much and doesn't want you to die in combat. Honestly, it would be more alarming if she didn't react the way she did because it would mean that she didn't care.
Give her some time to cool off before you propose, though. Just buy her some flowers and treat her extra nice for a night and she'll get over it.
>>
>>16604811
Didn't think about it like that. I just thought she would hate me for ruining a date (especially since this isn't the first date I ruined) with something she's apparently sensitive about. But she's woudn't be upset if she didn't love me wouldn't she now. This whole thing makes me feel nervous, I don't want to lose her.
>>
>>16604832
I'm a girl so I think I can empathize with her side of this since I've been in similar situations.

1) the fact that you feel so guilty about making her upset shows how kind you are. Make sure you show her how sorry you are for making jokes. You could easily have twisted this around to suit your ego ("well, SHE's the one being so controlling. I can't even joke about my dreams?" Etc)- but you didn't because you place her happiness over your own desires. You are TRUELY selfless and she is very lucky to have you.
2) All she needs is some reassurance and love. Be honest with her, and try to get her to empathize with you. Something along the lines of: "I'm really sorry for upsetting you, baby. When I was a kid, I thought the guys who served in the army were so cool- kinda like heros, ya know? I always wanted to be like them and fight the bad guys to protect the people I love. I'm not gonna lie and tell you that I've gotten over that desire, but I can promise you this- I will never leave you to go fight. You are all that I want, and all that I need. I want to stay by your side and build a life with you one day. You are my everything, and the best way for me to protect you is by being right here with you."
3) include some jewelry or flowers in your apology. Something physical to remind her of your promise and commitment will help to keep her reassured.
>>
>>16604882
I think I'm going to do that first thing tomorrow. Hopefully she doesn't shut me down on sight like the scenario I just played in my head. I really hope she doesn't think I'm going to abandon her for the armed forces or something.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.