[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gangs/PTSD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 534x353) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 534x353
I dont really know if anyone will listen to me but I just need to get it out there, I use to associate myself with Latino gang in South Central many years ago, I have since left that life style and really better myself, the way I talk, act, and even walk. I lost many people I cared about due to my affiliation to the gang.. And even now that I have excluded all of that from my life, I find myself feeling paranoid, as if rivals are still after me even after many years of having departure from the gang life, any suggestions.. Should I see a therapist? I've heard of PTSD for people who have been living under harsh conditions and gangs.. Maybe that is it?
>>
>>16604438
do you live close to the area? if you've pretty much completely disassociated yourself from the gang and these are paranoid borderline hallucinations you might have other illnesses besides ptsd.

Good therapists and psychologists are hard to come by, if moving away and associating yourself with a more positive group of people isn't helping than you might want to look into them.
>>
>>16604450
I live in northern LA now, far from south central, but the feelings tend to hit me when I'm alone, thank you for responding by the way, I didn't think anyone would even care to reply.
>>
>>16604457
I'm pretty sure threads that don't get responses often don't because they slide off the first page too quickly for any one to see and then just die, so if it's happened to you don't take it personally.

How badly is it effecting your life? How far do these thoughts take you? Any real signs of threat? like some one cutting your dogs head and leaving it in your bed with a note and you called your girlfriend and filed a police report?
>>
>>16604474
Id say it affects me 50% of the time, there will be weeks where I will forget about it but then other weeks where it'll hit me hard and I will think that someone is coming to my house to break in, I relatively know how to control myself in public (I get it when I'm alone but sometimes do get the feelings in public), I just stay quiet or leave to another area and smoke a cigar to get my mind off it. But when I'm alone it prevents me from thinking straight or even read something without having my mind relate it with gangs and begin to feel paranoid and feel like rivals are coming after me.
>>
>>16604483
well if there hasn't been any real sign of threats and it effects you badly seeking psychological help might not be bad. Just a tip, avoid saying anything that might implicate you in illegal or criminal activity. They are obligated to report that shit.
>>
>>16604490
I'll try to seek some type of psychological help.. Once again, thanks for replying. I Appreciate it a lot
>>
>>16604438
You should absolutely, without question seek help professional help. Your symptoms sound like anxiety or maybe even straight up ptsd.

p.s i'm glad you pulled yourself out of that life, man. even though you had a shitty past just focus on your future and on how you can improve your life from here on out.
>>
>>16604438
Hang in there my man. Id recommend seeing a therapist maybe bringing a loved one with you to a few sessions so they are able to understand further about what youre going through and how to better your future. Goodluck OP!
>>
Thanks to the two who commented, I don't meant to sound like a pussy but I shed a tear seeing that people actually cared to respond to me. I'll get the help I need, and I promise that when I have somewhat been released from this anxiety or PTSD, I will come back and make a thread thanking you guys..
>>
>>16605500
i was going to tell you to slaughter your enemies before they get to you. if youve truely left that behind now one will suspect it was you. but after reading that you gone soft. better just cry to mom about it now
>>
>>16605503
Is it Christmas break already? Been seeing a whole lot of edgyness on several threads. Eh, nothing new
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.