[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I interact with women? My first girlfriend broke up with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: img.jpg (52 KB, 460x615) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
52 KB, 460x615
How do I interact with women?

My first girlfriend broke up with me and I have no idea how dating works, specifically:

-I know that any form of interaction with a woman without her vocal consent is harassment, so how do I strike up conversation?

-Even in the event that a girl does strike up conversation, how do I know I'm allowed to be interested in her?

My ex girlfriend was very forward with me, so none of this was a problem, but I'm pretty certain no other girl will ever do that.

How do I go about dating without being a harasser?
>>
>>16603693
Bump for interest
>>
>>16603693
You're obviousIy sociaIIy retarded and asking on here is pathetic.

Get a fucking Iife.
>>
>>16603709
Asking for advice on an advice board is wrong? Okay.

And yes, I do have social problems, mainly that I don't know how to look at a woman without her consent and not feel like an asshole.

I've been taught to be social, to always prioritise the happiness of everyone around me. To do so, I can't go imposing my actions on potentially unwilling others, I don't have that right, even if I've suffered the same (didn't use to be a rarity to get an unprovoked punch in the face. It felt like shit but at least I could help clear someone's frustration).

But I feel that not having anyone to care about/for and not being cared about feels emptier than I can comfortably endure, and other people seem to know how to be happy and make others happy.

So I was hoping someone knew.
>>
>>16603693

step one: stop wanting anything from them;
step two: treat them all like your sister, until they want you to be their father;
step three: let the rest of us know;
>>
>>16603693
>How do I go about dating without being a harasser?
I've slept with 16 grills - and none of them were on the same day I met them (I've equally no idea how to arrange a one night stand)

Some tips:
-Get in there early. Don't develop a 'friendship' with them if you see them as more than a friend (and that includes a fuck)
-Find a method of communication and keep the messages regular, but somewhat brief and to the point
-The issue of being a 'harasser' depends on whether they like you or not. You'll just learn to know this if you do it enough
-Don't get too involved. Don't let her occupy your thoughts when you're bored... By then you're in too deep and it's not going to end well
>>
>>16603740
Thing is, if a woman initiates contact, I know how to be sociable without being sexual. I can shut that part of me off just fine.

I've been in film school and even helped direct a part where a woman needed to be topless. I wasn't involved with casting though so I don't know how that talk went.
Anyhow, on set, I made sure I felt nothing. I saw her purely as an actress and was only focused on getting the shots I needed, there was no awkwardness because I showed no interest and looked at her as if she were clothed.

But I don't know how people show interest and don't potentially freak someone out.
>>
>>16603756
You said I'd find out, but I could not live with myself knowing that I DID make some girls uncomfortable, I don't have the right.
>>
>>16603766
Haha c'mon, you've got to learn

There is 0% chance of you nailing it every time
>>
>>16603777
Then there really is no chance?
I'm less important than the rest of society, this means every single other person.

How can I justify causing negative emotions just for my own (possible) gain?
>>
>>16603702
>>16603709
>>16603728
>>16603740
>>16603756
>>16603763
>>16603766
>>16603777

I cannot believe you kids actually Fell for this. How can you take this as a serious thread

>-I know that any form of interaction with a woman without her vocal consent is harassment, so how do I strike up conversation?
>>
>>16603784
The negative emotion will be short lived and forgotten about

The gain will be long lasting and cause less negative emotion to others in the future
>>
>>16603788
Well, isn't that the definition?

I mean, I don't want to go too far into relativism with this. If I make zero excuses for myself, and look at things purely objectively, isn't every unwanted interaction a wrong thing?

People deserve to be as happy as possible at any given moment. If I do anything to detract from that, I am in the wrong.

So in that manner, isn't it wrong to look in the direction of a woman that doesn't desire me to see her?
>>
>>16603789
But the negative emotion will still be there. That means that that person would have been happier were she to never meet me in the first place.

So who am I to deny her that happiness? Mathematically it makes me a bad person to ignore that.
>>
>>16603798
What a fucking fedora, you have no chance.

This thread is done.
>>
>>16603693
>How do I interact with women?
You simply don't. Instead, you try to reach self accomplishment. Live or your damn own.
>>
>>16603693
Learn to interact with people in general, first. If you treat women primarily as girlfriend candidates, you'll just end up nervous and seeming desperate (because that really is desperate). Form some friendships with women whom you know aren't interested in you (and vice versa).
>>
>>16604273
>UgIy peopIe are not attractive

Thanks but we knew that.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.