[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do/would you deal with anhedonia (loss of interest in everything)?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: anna.jpg (8 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
anna.jpg
8 KB, 194x259
How do/would you deal with anhedonia (loss of interest in everything)?
>>
>>16603287
Why would I? If they're not interested in anything, they're not interested in me. I'm similarly not interested in people who have no interest in me, as a friend or otherwise. Seriously. There are billions of people in the world. I'd much rather spend time/energy on the ones who aren't fucked up.
>>
I would make it my mission to find something I was interested in and thus give my life meaning. So I'd be interesting in finding an interest. Easy. Next question.
>>
>>16603291
Nice reading comprehension, champ.
>>
I also have this kind of feeling for a long time now...
I seems unable to find a thing that can make my adrenaline rush again like it used to be back when I was a child. So many things that pick up my interest.
Who knows...maybe I'm started to grow older though I'm still 21..
>>
Therapy
>>
>>16603287

I honestly get this from time to time. Things you used to like doing just make you feel oddly numb and it sucks. They are no longer enjoyable. I usually am able to cure it after weeks of working on it and then picking up some absolutely crazy girl that is only mildly attractive (the point is though that I have to know that in my right mind I would never take her home because she seems sexually out of her fucking mind) and try to coax her into blowing me. I've done this three times and it has snapped me out of it all three times. I always regret the blowjob from the crazy bitch the next day though (usually the regret lasts for a few months just as a warning)
>>
>>16603287
>reposting this shit again

WHITE PRIVILEGE
>>
>open disease book
>chose a disease
>"I have that one"

Modern civilization, everyone.
>>
>>16604023
Anhedonia is the most common form of depression and is probably symptomatic of the way we live now
>>
Medical marijuana worked for me.
>>
File: 1450319498845.jpg (36 KB, 185x241) Image search: [Google]
1450319498845.jpg
36 KB, 185x241
>>16603294
>posting oxymorons ironically
>>
>>16603287
smoke crack
>>
Buy a new pup. Ik mis de pup.
>>
>>16603341
Youre onto something there. Either emotions grow dull with age, or it is our selective memory that plays tricks on us. In any case, there is nothing wrong about you guys. But you don't have to succumb completely either. Make an effort at life. Thats the best advice I have to offer.
>>
>>16604109
I think many people in modern societies feel this way because they rarely make an effort at anything, and thus lack the fulfillment and endorfins which elicit from this. The youth grows up with little or no responsibilities, getting everything served up and ready to be consumed, and dont learn to really make an effort before they are suddenly adults wondering what the heck they are doing here and whats the point. Get out there and do something damnit! You'll feel better as soon as you retire in your bed the same night, exhausted and happy.

Btw I'm not some 80 year old geezer which would say this eternally. I'm a mid 20's guy whose been through the exact same thing. Good luck Anons
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.