[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is a secretly recorded verbal contract legally binding?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 1
File: 1449283537669.jpg (328 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1449283537669.jpg
328 KB, 1200x800
If I have a talk to my girlfriend and both of our voices are recorded, but without her knowledge, is it meaningful in Australian law? If we make promises or agreements in the recording and it only stipulates things which are legal, can this work in place of a signed contract or letter?
>>
>>16598436
Its illegal

Also stupid
>>
Generally, an audio recording of a conversation is only legally viable if all parties have consented to having the conversation recorded. The obvious exception is police or other law enforcement, who are able to use secret recordings as evidence.
>>
I'm not sure it's legally binding, but it's not necessarily illiegal to record someone without their knowledge. It depends what state you're in.
>>
>>16598439
YOUR MUMS ILLEGAL M8
LE SICK BURN
>>
>>16598436
In case others can shed more light on this, I'm in Melbourne, Victoria. Also, for my purposes, the secrecy part may not be required, so advice would be appreciated about a wittingly recorded contract as well.
>>
>>16598436
No. You're going about whatever you're doing, the wrong way.
>>
>>16598436
In the US, it's only binding if both parties physically sign a document (with date) expressing consent. And even then a good lawyer can have it thrown out if he can argue it was signed under duress or extenuating circumstances or illegal or whatever.
What are you trying to get her to agree to?
>>
>>16598494
Abortion contract, but now I'm thinking a written one is way better anyway.
>>
probably wont mean shit because people can sound alike. Also if your sick enough to have to con your GF into an agreement you should be in a facility.
>>
>>16598505
>con
How is it conning if she's properly informed of what she's agreeing to?
>>
>>16598514
Then why do you need to make a contract?
>>
>>16598516
without her knowledge
>>
>>16598516
Perhaps he is wondering why you would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane
>>
>>16598520
At least YOU can talk!
Who are you?
>>
>>16598524
It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan
>>
>>16598518
I guess it's because I think she'll only agree if she thinks it won't be taken seriously. I guess that's a big flaw in my strategy here. I should just make her sign a thing if I'm worried about that. Thanks for helping me conclude that. Got tunnel vision I guess.
>>
So you knocked up your girlfriend and now you want to coerce her into agreeing to have an abortion ONE TIME and then secretly record it so she can't change her mind? lmao No, that's not how it works you dumb motherfucker. You're an asshole.
>>
>>16598528
If I pull that off, will you die?
>>
>>16598531
so basically you are going to con her into agreeing while she doesn't know she is.
and is she doesn't sign anon...then what? Are you going to fake her signature?
>>
>>16598535
It would be extremely painful
>>
It sounds like OP doesn't have a clue about how things work in the Real World.

Prepare your arsehole for an education, OP
>>
>>16598539
You're a big guy.
>>
>>16598534
>have an abortion ONE TIME and then secretly record it so she can't change her mind? lmao
I haven't knocked her up. She's on the pill. I want an agreement in case of an unwanted pregnancy.

>>16598538
No. I've decided I'm going to do this properly with no tricks. I just have to be prepared that she won't agree and we may have to go our separate ways.
>>
>>16598545
For you
>>
>>16598546
Go separate ways? Just because she wants to keep it doesnt mean your off the hook . You might have visitation, and have to pay support.
>>
>>16598557
Did you not read the post? She's NOT pregnant. This agreement is just preparation for possible failure of contraception.
>>
OP, spend a few quid (or whatever you use as currency) on a local lawyer so that he can tell you that such an agreement would be null and void and not enforced in court.

He'll also tell you that a contract won't compel your gf to abort and it won't get you out of child support payments.
>>
>>16598562
this sounds like a trap...maybe you are the preggo one.
>>
>>16598546

It's kind of a fucking insane thing to do. Even if she has no desire for kids, I think most people would be weirded out by a demand for an "abortion contract." I've never heard of anyone else doing that. I don't even know if it can be legally done, in any form. I don't think you can compel someone to get an abortion, even if you fathered the child.

Just get a vasectomy, or if you just don't want kids specifically with THIS girl, dump her. But an "abortion contract" is fucking crazy
>>
>>16598571
You're telling me that all abortion contracts are meaningless?
>>
>>16598571

You're such a fucking faggot who doesn't want to take responsibility it makes me sick.
>>
>>16598577
Why are Australians like this.
>>
>>16598552
Was getting caught part of your plan?
>>
>You're telling me that all abortion contracts are meaningless?

Yeah bro, that's what I'm telling you.

Just imagine going into court and telling the judge, "Your honor, this woman agreed to have an abortion if I made her pregnant. Now she refuses. I ask this court to rule that I don't have to pay money to support this child that I don't want to support."

Will the judge say:

A. "Okay, right you are, then"

or

B. "Shouldn't have shagged her then. Pay up."
>>
Correct me if I'm wrong about what you're all saying.

Even if my girlfriend is totally down for a properly documented abortion contract in the event of an unwanted pregnancy, it's not enforceable and she can just change her mind completely at my expense?

>>16598593
I would think B unless the contract was actually verified in which case A shouldn't be absurd. I would think the clauses would have to be included, such as if she did choose to break the agreement she would be agreeing to raise the child alone.
>>
>>16598623

>Even if my girlfriend is totally down for a properly documented abortion contract in the event of an unwanted pregnancy, it's not enforceable and she can just change her mind completely at my expense?

Yeah, that's exactly what we're saying.

Spend a few rupees on a lawyer's opinion if you don't believe a bunch of anons, though.
>>
Melbfag here. Also have studied law in the past.

As stated above, it's illegal to secretly record someone in Australia.

Also even if your girlfriend properly signed an abortion waiver, that shit would not stand up in court. Human rights and slavery are mostly kept out of the law on purpose. You can't control someone. If you google abortion contract/waiver nothing will come up, because that shit doesn't exist anywhere.

IMO you'll just have to play mind games if she ever backs out of an abortion.
>>
>>16598856
Aus law is sort of fucked.
>>
>>16598463
FUUUUUUCK
>>
>>16598856
So what would someone do if they wanted to protect themselves from say birth control sabotage? Is there anything in place for that or do women hold all the power on it?
>>
>>16598931
I'm glad you're so adamant about abortions because you're pretty dumb
>>
>>16598436
It's not illegal to record a legally binding verbal contract that involves you as a party, or f its in your private property. It is however illegal to record somebody without their knowledge in public spaces, in private property that is not yours, or if you are not an active participant in the verbal contract or conversation (e.g. Eavesdropping)
>>
So three things:

1.) One party recording laws differ from jurisdiction to jurisdiction

2.) Verbal contracts are tenuous at best

3.) .I'm not sure there's anywhere in the civilized world that you can actually FORCE a woman to have an abortion.

Yeah. I'm too lazy to do your research for you but off the top of my head:

No.

Just no.
>>
>>16598931
>So what would someone do if they wanted to protect themselves from say birth control sabotage?
Don't fuck someone until you know them well enough to trust them?
>>
No court is going to make a woman get an abortion under a written contract, let alone a verbal one.
>>
>>16598580
Yes you twat. All abortion contracts are meaningless in pretty much every country. Yes. Trying to get one enforced simply will not work.
>>
Lel OP is BTFO
>>
Move to Saudi Arabia OP it's probably more your speed
>>
>>16598931

Sure, don't have sex or get a vasectomy.
>>
get a vasectomy you fucking creep
>>
>>16598931
>Is there anything in place for that or do women hold all the power on it?
Women hold all the power on it. If a woman rapes you then you will have to pay child support. If you wank in a tissue and a woman goes through your garbage and somehow inseminates herself with the sperm then you will have to pay child support. If a woman gets pregnant from someone else and you're tricked into believing it's yours and only do a DNA test a few years later, you still have to pay child support. Yes it's fucked up, thanks for noticing.
>>
>>16598501
What were the terms of the agreement? What was it that you agreed to do and what was it that she agreed to do?
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.