[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My first college grades came in recently. I found out that I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1450884638823.gif (3 MB, 396x398) Image search: [Google]
1450884638823.gif
3 MB, 396x398
My first college grades came in recently.
I found out that I have achieved a 0.8 GPA and have been put on probation
What does this mean for my college career?
How salvageable is a 0.8?
What does this mean for my future in the professional world?

I scooted by in high school with a 3.5 so this is a completely new experience for me
>>
>>16597966
Bad GPA isn't the end of the world. You are going on probation so they will monitor your grades. Dontnfuck up this time
>>
I got a 0.8 in high school but I have a 4.0 in college. Maybe you shouldn't have been such an asshole to me.
>>
>>16597966
How the fucking fuck fuck do you get a 0.8? Did you go to class only once or something?
>>
>>16598073
This. Go to class and do your work and you get at least a 2.0, fuck man. Honestly what did you do all semester?
>>
>>16597966

>0.8

You must have decided to just only show up for finals for every single class cause I don't see how else this could be possible otherwise.
>>
>>16597966
HOW DO YOU DO THAT
I HAD A 3.2 COLLEGE GPA IN HIGHSCHOOL
>>
>>16597966
>0.8
Jesus tittyfucking Christ anon, that's awful. Talk with an adviser about doing grade forgiveness, but even then it might not be salvageable. You fucked up big time. For the rest of your college career, you're going to be trying to drag the GPA up every 0.1 at a time. Most freshmen level classes are supposed to be piss-easy for this very reason, so I'm astonished that you got a literal vegetable-tier GPA.
>>
File: 3Jg6y.png (278 KB, 700x363) Image search: [Google]
3Jg6y.png
278 KB, 700x363
>>16598148
Pretty much this
I have 1 incomplete because the final was based completely on weather, so that might be what's dragging it down to .8
But I took 5 classes and failed 3 of them
My math class was a definitive fail. The class was all online and I frankly didn't care about the class after my first test came back as an F
My I had a bunch of technical hiccups. There was a time I asked my prof for feedback on a paper I just wrote but he said he never got it. I'm wondering if that may have happened to other papers
I never went to class for sociology and just took the online quizzes were I hot entirely As
Guess they were doing more that just shoving their thumbs up their asses in class

Again, I did really well in high school. AP classes and all. I guess I wasn't really ready for college
>>
>>16598413
Oh. And the technical hiccups were with my writing class just in case you were confused
>>
>>16597966
I had the same issue with financial aid they put me on probation for one semester and said I needed to make a 2.0 GPA which I think is a B or C not sure but I needed to be up to that by the next semester or I will lose the aid
>>
If you show up to every class, -try- to do every assignment, AND show up for the final, you could usually just barely pull off a B- even without really grasping the material. If you couldn't even pull that off you need to totally change your attitude or you're going to get nowhere fast.

>How salvageable is a 0.8?
Very salvageable, if I'm honest. It won't be easy, but it -is- possible. Professors and counselors LOVE people who turn their grades around. If you can show people that you're done being a bullshitter, they will take the time to help you reach your goals. You have to take the first few steps in the right direction, then everything will just naturally progress.

>>16598413
>I never went to class for sociology
Professors know when you're trying to coast through a course and they don't appreciate it. If you can't even be fucked to show up to your classes you're just wasting your money.

College isn't just about learning the material. A huge portion of college boils down to self-discipline, organization, and just fucking showing up.

>I did really well in high school. AP classes and all.
That doesn't mean, shit, unfortunately. You didn't learn how to do your work and show up to class on your own.
>>
>>16598413
You have to try, buddy.

Show up to your fucking classes next semester, and you'll pull out of this downward spiral.

You can do it, man. You made it through a shittier schedule in high school.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.