[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was on OKC a few weeks ago and I had a brief exchange with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: marc-3.jpg (58 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
marc-3.jpg
58 KB, 540x405
I was on OKC a few weeks ago and I had a brief exchange with a cute girl. I thought it went well, but then I never heard back from her. When I don't hear back I usually just drop it. I didn't go on OKC for a few weeks, but I just logged on today and our conversation was still up in the corner. When I last wrote her I was asking her about climbing. Today I just wrote "guess not" and hit send not thinking I'd hear from her. She wrote back within 20 minutes with this.

"I'm sorry, i get very overwhelmed on here. I am exhausted from working at a new school this year, then try to fit in dating... Sigh- sorry. I liked what you wrote, and no i have not done much climbing. It sounds fun!"

How do I respond without sounding like a dumbass? Also is writing one more brief message a few weeks later a valid tactic for conversations that seemed to be going well but then just ended?
>>
>>16595244
>how do I respond
Just talk to her like you were before
>brief message a few weeks later a valid tactic
Not always, but possible. I'd you want to talk to someone, you do what you have to to try to get back on track. Just don't do it multiple times with the same person.
>>
>>16595256
So don't address the situation and pretend like nothing happened?
>>
It is very overwhelming to be a non-whale chick on OKC. Either you can be a dismissive cunt to 90% of the guys who message you, or try to spend all your free time sending messages back to 20 guys a day. Some guys did message me days later with a note like yours and I also apologized, it is a valid tactic. If they're not interested they will just ignore the 2nd message too.
>>
Say something that will put her at ease like I understand or no worries.

Then drop her because she is not worth the trouble.
>>
>>16595272
Yeah. It's worked itself out, right? That's all that matters.
>>
>>16595287
Pretty much this desu. If you were of high interest to her she would have not ended the convo to begin with.

Go all or nothing here and stop wasting time. Ask for her number, text a bit, then set-up a date after the holidays. Anything else is just bullshit.
>>
>>16595286
>messages back to 20 guys a day
Sorry OP, I think anon has it right. You're just one of the 20 guys per day to her.

You have to ask yourself one question: if she feels overwhelmed, why is she still on OKC soaking it up? She likes the attention and you're cool for validating her.
>>
>>16595286
Did you hook up with any of them? Or did it just drop off again?
>>
>>16595310
I get all that. The question is should I use that to my advantage and address the situation directly?
>>
>>16595312
No I got too overwhelmed and deleted my account and decided to meet people IRL instead.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.