[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is herpes the end of the world? Should you just kill yourself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1450410152136_b.gif (874 KB, 320x192) Image search: [Google]
1450410152136_b.gif
874 KB, 320x192
Is herpes the end of the world? Should you just kill yourself if you get diagnosed?
>>
Hell no - herpes is nothing.
>>
>>16591953
Are you being serious anon? The stigma around it makes it sound life ruining.
>>
>>16591958

I'm serious. One in six people in the USA have genital herpes. It's not a death sentence, or even a social death sentence. Sure there's a slight stigma, but it's totally treatable and if you have breakouts, they can go away with care.

Fact is, you'll always have the virus, but if you're upfront with your partners, wear protection, and don't treat it like a big deal, you'll be fine.

Any bitch that reacts that acts embarrassingly mean when you tell her isn't worth a go anyway. The worst she can do is say "No... sorry."

It's inconvenient and can be annoying, but it's hardly the end of the world.

For more, check out: http://www.cdc.gov/std/herpes/stdfact-herpes-detailed.htm
>>
>>16591935
Wut? No. Pretty much everyone gets herpes by the time they are old. Right now, 90% of the global population has herpes. It's completely harmless unless you're some late-term pregnant woman who has sex with a new partner and gets it genitally for the first time. Which I'm assuming you're certainly not.
>>
>>16591993
Well my parents can't know. And I'm honestly not sure if I have it I'm just really paranoid about it...
>>
>>16591991
>One in six people in the USA have genital herpes

This stat is a little misleading. What is true is 1 in 6 have HSV-2. They actually can't tell where all those people have it. Most probably have it on their genitals, but some have it on their mouth. What they don't say is that many many more people, especially today, have HSV-1 genitally. So the stat of 1 in 6 is much higher than that.

Here's an article that explains it better.
http://projectaccept.org/straight-dope-herpes-statistics/

>>16592008
Your parents don't have to know. Even though, chances are they have it too and don't know it. It's always good to learn as much as possible, so get tested if you can. It will at least give you peace of mind.
>>
>>16591935
i have had mouth herpes since i was a child. can't even remember the first time it came up. it doesn't come up often, and when it does i just use abreva. i'm sure there's similar stuff if we're talking your junk
>>
>>16592014
How am I supposed to get tested without my parents knowing?
>>
>>16592042
Ah I see. Well I'm sure there are ways to do that, but there's honestly no rush. Herpes isn't harmful and the outbreak goes away on it's own after about only a week or so. Just try not to touch it and you're good.
>>
Yeah dude, if I could have it my way, I'd either banish people with STD's to an island and have them shipped food and aid or whatever, or just kill them all.

I mean uncurable diseases of course.

This even isn't out of hatred, but man gotta set up a quarantine or something this shits getting worse and evolving it seems just like a lot of other diseases.
>>
>>16592042
I used to get extremely paranoid about herpes. Every little pimple near my mouth and on my dick I flipped.

Eventually I got tested and was found without HSV-2 or 1.

If it's a pimple it will heal in a weak. If it's herpes it will take much longer than that to heal and it won't look like the normal healing process
>>
>>16592062
what's the difference between herpes and the normal healing process?
>>
>>16592098
Herpes takes weeks to heal and it scabs differently than a normal pimple. Trust me, when you see it you'll know
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.