[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I keep killing small animals, and I don't really know why.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 650x369) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 650x369
I keep killing small animals, and I don't really know why. I must be getting some sort of satisfaction from it but I'm not even sure myself because I don't feel very satisfied after doing it. Any signs I could be looking for to determine what my problem is?
>>
>>16591886
You're likely a serial killer in training. Anybody that would harm an innocent creature is not well. Get help.
>>
Assuming you're not being an edgelord troll, let me ask you a few questions:

Do you intentionally kill them?

Do you get sexual satisfaction from killing them?

How often has this happened?

Do you feel anxious or depressed ever?
>>
>>16591899
I doubt I'd have the balls to do any human killing. The prospect of life in prison is not appealing.

Anyone else care to make a different analysis aside from hurrrrr serial killer.

Also I'm 23 and only started the animal abuse last year. I could have started it earlier in life, but I didn't.
>>
>>16591886
If you're not trolling, seek help. That's a sign of sociopathy.
>>
You should really, really be speaking with a professional about this. It's not normal or acceptable to kill anything for no reason. Hopefully there's a way you can work this out and move past this without ending up behind bars, but I'm not an expert, and if you can't get yourself under control, that's exactly where you belong.

Serial killers start out just like you. Because it's not really about WHAT you're killing, it's about the intention behind it. You seem to do it just because it's your nature, and that makes you pretty dangerous
>>
>>16591886
the only thing i can think is you feel as if you lack power, so instead of dealing with that issue emotionally you're outsourcing it in a very twisted and inhumane way. if you can't stop on your own, right now, talk to someone. no being deserves to die regardless of the reason you're compelled to do this.
>>
>>16591907

Give context, then. What's been happening in the past year of your life?

Honestly though, there's no answer you can give that will justify this, or make it any less of a huge red flag
>>
>>16591907
Dude you have ASPD. It's pretty apparent. The "serial killer" comments aren't that debased.
>>
>>16591906
Not trying to be an edge lord, but maybe I unintentionally am being one?
Obviously I intentionally kill them.
And no, no sexual satisfaction.
I've killed over 3 dozen animals, so is have to say at least 20 times or so I've done this now.
I have major anxiety issues (used to be on meds), not sure about depression, you could say I'm unhappy with my life but isn't everyone?
>>
>>16591920

How do you treat the people in your life? Are you close with your family? Are you in a relationship? Any close friends that you talk to frequently?

People aren't overreacting here, man. It really is not normal to kill animals just for the hell of it. Everyone's got their quirks, but everyone always draws the line by saying "...but he's harmless." You are not harmless.
>>
>>16591920

Ahh, makes sense. Okay, well, I would definitely seek professional psychological help. Take your medications if you've been prescribed any, and talk to a therapist.

One of the very first questions they'll ask you is "Do you ever feel like hurting yourself or others?" You say "yes" and they'll ask you to elaborate. Just say that you've killed small animals in the past, and that you've experienced some severe anxiety and depression.

They will not judge you. They will help.

To me - just a dude who has been diagnosed with clinical depression and an anxiety disorder - is sounds like you're finding some unconscious relief from depression from killing. It's definitely not okay, but if you seek help, it's going to BE okay.

Are you in college? When I felt suicidal, I sought help and it turns out that my crappy little state school had free psychological therapy services where I got an hour with a licensed therapist once a week. It helped a lot.

It'll be okay, Anon.
>>
>>16591916
Oh my life? It's major fucked, like seriously major. I was extremely stressed because of one thing for the past 3 years (living with my crazy foster sister who has actual BPD) but she's moved out back in June, and I've still been doing this.

To the people saying seek help, tell me exactly why I should? I don't have any plans on stepping up things to killing anything other then animals. It's not like I'm harming people. They're just small animals.

>>16591914

I'd like to think you're right and maybe you are but if it's true it's all subconscious or something because I really don't get a power trip out of killing the animals.

Actually, if I told you how I actually get attached to my pets, and then immediately go apeshit for no reason on them, you probably wouldn't believe me. Lol.

Also I usually bludgeon them to death, and yes, I've done some extensive prolonged torture to the poor little guys on occasion. I don't feel bad at all about it tho, pretty sure most people would say that's the biggest red flag.
>>
>>16591920
what if the roles were reversed anon? think about your life being ended because some confused person doesn't know what's going on with them and chose murdering you as an outlet. i agree with the others in that you need to seek help. seriously, even if you can stop yourself from killing animals from here forward, there's a lot you need to figure out. and please, try to think about how they feel, as all beings feel, while they're alive and while they're being murdered
>>
What are we talking about here? Random shit in your yard? People's pets. Buying them? All fucked up but different.
>>
>>16591940
I've cut off contact with my family. I haven't spoken with my mom in 6 years. The relationship I have with my father is different, but nonetheless distant. He's basically my landlord, I only see him when he collects rent, and he wasn't even part of my life for 18 years.

As for friends, nope, never had any. I have major social anxieties and grew up in foster home and group homes my whole life.
>>
>>16591948
the subconscious problems often end up being the hardest to overcome, partially because we understand them about ourselves to such a small extent. and you are correct on that being the biggest red flag. you're subconsciously shutting off your ability to empathize, and that is very deep-seeded. that type of problem is the one that most often develops into murdering others. but the more important thing is, murdering small animals should feel as terrible to you as murdering people. murdering anything feels just as terrible to people who don't have anything going on, regardless of the size or species of the creature
>>
The answer is simple anon

It's about control.

You are losing control over your life and are taking out your anxieties by putting yourself in a situation in which you have the ultimate form of control: the act of killing, taking away life
>>
>>16591942
Thanks for the nice reply, I appreciate it anon. It doesn't make what I did any less right or wrong, I get that but I'm seriously the epitome of huge loser. Outside of work all I do is come home and play video games and eat and slee. Social interaction is maintained with my coworkers but strictly for reasons that make logical sense to me: I've been fired from 10 different places the past 2 years because I haven't been able to get along with my coworkers.

As for education, I have no drive or motivation to do anything let alone finish high school.
>>
>>16591948
>>16591959

You either need help or suicide, because you are a time bomb. I'm sorry but that's how it is. Today it's "just small animals," today you don't plan on "stepping things up," but you've got many long years of stressful life ahead of you, and you are on a bad path.

Just like you said, the real problem is that you don't seem to understand why everyone else in this thread thinks it's a big deal. You even seem to enjoy the negative attention, and build yourself up off it. You're a monster in the making, and we've all had enough of that shit.

Take some responsibility for yourself, and address this problem before it REALLY gets out of control. But you need to understand that you are already over the line, and you can't put off help any longer
>>
>>16591950
Mixture. I find the animals off Kijiji, usually. People are always willing to drop off their family pets to random people if you lie and pretend like you know about taking care of them. I've also bought some nice animals from the pet store when I went a new one immediately. Setting up meetings from online takes a while.
>>
>>16591978
I'm not an idiot. Killing someone is just a dumb idea. You're guaranteed to get caught, and the risks aren't worth it. Even if I did have interest in killing someone (I don't, and like I said never will) I wouldn't actually do anything so dumb.besides its not a crime to imagine it fantasize about murdering someone.

You're the one being an edge lord here. They're just small animals with no higher thought processing. They aren't self aware.
>>
>>16591996
Your only afraid of being caught, not the action itself. To assume, "small animals with no higher thought processing. They aren't self aware." is WRONG. Even a fly will try to save it's own life. A snail will crawl back in its shell. Animals are AWARE.

Don't justify your actions with lame excuses.
>>
>>16591984
How do you explain their deaths?
>>
>>16592011
I'm not trying to justify anything or make excuses I'm just pointing out that it really isn't a big deal compared to killing a person. You shouldn't care so much about small domesticated exotic pets.
>>
>>16591996

You really don't know what life is going to throw your way. You'll meet people who will stress you out, fuck with you, and make your life difficult. You'll hate people. And you'll probably have many, many opportunities to kill a person and completely get away with it, if you really wanted to.

You've already demonstrated that you have no inherent moral problem with ending a life, as long as there are no consequences for you. And you've done it impulsively, without much thought or reason. Most people just are not and could never be like that, small animals or large.

There are unsolved murders all the time. You COULD get away with murder if you really wanted to. Most people don't really want to, and that's why we don't.
>>
>>16592018
When they're handed over to me, they become my property? It's not like their owners are swinging by my apartment, demanding to see their pet. If they put the animal up for adoption the don't want it anymore.. So why would they care anyways.
>>
>>16592022
I do care very much. You're killing creatures for no purpose other than to be cruel and direct your shortcomings onto the innocent. A soul is a soul. Humans are animals that can reason better and have more spiritual awareness. Other than that there is little difference. Each wants to, love, not be alone, eat, have shelter, bleed and shit.

Please get help.
>>
>>16591907
You can already be seriously fined for animal cruelty if you live in a liberal shithole. You're playing with fire because you are a boring asshole that probably wishes he was a prison bitch because he killed his parents.
>>
>>16592028
I live in a civilized first world country, the idea of myself getting away with murder is pretty laughable. I'm not a criminal mastermind and would probably end up getting caught.

I already do hate people. Lol. It's why I have no friends. Interacting with people is something I just hate outside of work.

I hope it'll get through your skull that I'm murdering small animals NOT people. You can't weigh their lives equally.
>>
>>16592030
Oh sorry, thought it was pet sitting.
>>
>>16592041
>I live in a civilized first world country

Which country?
>>
>>16592041

I don't weigh their lives equally, I just think you're exactly the type of person that ends up killing people. Or you COULD get help, because you haven't really gotten completely out of control yet, and you could still turn it all around.

But the scary part is that you don't want to admit you have a problem, you don't seem to recognize that you're already pretty far over the line of acceptable behavior. If you leave this untreated, you're gonna get worse. I'm not saying it's 100% certain you're going to be a serial killer, but it's probably going to be somewhere in that ballpark.
>>
>>16592040
Hi, thanks for using a name so I may filter you.
To answer you this just once: yes, I know I'm a boring asshole. However I never had any desire to murder another person. You guys need to get off my back and just accept that someone can lack the empathy to kill animals but not have any interest in killing people. I respect your opinion that the life of an animal is equal to a persons but I just don't see how that makes sense.
>>
>>16592048
I'm Canadian.
>>
>>16592050
Killing small animals without hunting is the gateway drug of serial killers.
Go try and find that episode of dr. phil where the 10 year old boy constructed a guillotine out of a suitcase.
>>
>>16592041

>You can't weigh their lives equally

Yeah, but you can't act like their lives have no weight at all. You're killing them just for fun. Its not like it's you vs. them, it's not like you need their meat or you're defending yourself. There is no reason for them to die.
>>
>>16592053
http://www.spca.bc.ca/cruelty/legislation/criminal-code-of-canada-animals.html

You should stop while you're ahead.
>>
>>16592068
I'd probably do something worse if I didn't hurt and kill them, tho.
And NO not anything like that.
Just, worse for me. Like do something violent or dumb at work that just gets me fired. Wouldn't be the first time it's happened.
>>
>>16592071
Yeah, because I go around telling everyone about all the animals I've killed. Why should I care about that law? I'm not scared of being caught since this is something I know I can't be traced back to. So.
>>
>>16592076
>Like do something violent
Like idk.. hurt other people? Like you know you want to do but would rather the anal rape be consentual?
>>
>>16591907
Your very unlikely to get caught if you go out if country or out of state.

Plenty of homeless and drunk degenerates around to carve friend.

Just be careful of cellphones and cameras in areas with a high population or crime.

Southern town bars are pretty good locations even though they all generally know locals, but a lot of them are generally too sloshed to remember anything.

Oh and park reasonably far from where you work. You may not have to worry as much in the south (which is where I enjoy) you should still be careful.

Capturing a murderer let alone finding a corpse or identifying the corpse if you dump it in a swamp and smash out the teeth.

Lots of work it depends on you if it's worth it.
>>
>>16592086
Nah, just something like swear at someone over something trivial. Keep responding to me, please, I find your responses cute.
>>
I say that OP needs a good beating from a professional dominatrix so he can see his errors. Let's go canadian hunting.
>>
>>16592076

Man, just for a second, fuck any speculation about the future and what you MIGHT turn into. Let's take an honest hard look at what you are right now.

You're completely isolated, bitter, you don't seem to hold any hope of a happy future for yourself, you're killing small animals for fun and you don't even understand why.

Do you really want to keep living like this? Do you really think this is a healthy, sustainable lifestyle? You need professional help, man. You need to at least talk all these things through with someone who might be able to give you some answers, and suggest some options for better ways to live.

It's not all your fault, it sounds like your parents did not give you a great start in life, but at a certain point you've got to take responsibility for yourself and start actually taking control of your life. No matter how bad your childhood was, you can't make excuses forever. You can't just continue like this. You know that.
>>
>>16592102
Isolated, bitter, no hope... I suppose so. Not so much bitter as I am totally complacent with my living situation. I just don't care. You actually don't know much about my life or lifestyle save as much as I've said. I've already said many times in this thread I'm a loser, I know that, you aren't telling me anything I don't already know. But you aren't the one to tell me what kind of lifestyle I should be having. I don't blame anyone, really, but I do think that it's not really my fault about my lack of empathy. Case in point: my grandmother died of cancer last month, I did not feel a thing. Or anything for the dozens of animals I have [spoiler]chopped up, stabbed, strangled, suffocated, squeezed, shook, bludgeoned, dissected, broken, and boiled to death[/spoiler]
>>
The emotionless void you are harboring is disconnecting empathy for animals. So whatever you're lacking inside is mirrored upon how you feel about other living things that eventually get regarded to as objects. Then from there you subconsciously push boundaries in the way you think/feel toward people in which later those thoughts and feelings cross into behavior, which doesn't seem to be heading in a good direction.

I might have read it or not but are you in your early 20's? Mental health issues and psychopathological illnesses get diagnosed around that age during brain development.

You may be telling people not to tell you to live your life, but your in the advice section and your thought patterns and reported behavior, including familial background, are serious signs of sociopathy. If you continue to go on without seeking professional help, whatever it is will feed into itself and become progressively worse, even if you feel that you are incapable of homicide at the moment.

And not even as a preventative action, but the fact that you stated feeling nothing, bear isolation, misanthropy, and other things you mention - you mentioned it because you know it's not right. Otherwise you would not have consciously bring it up. Even despite all that, get the help you need to break complacency. That's simply not living. Because you know there's more. That's why you posted. That's why you shared. Because that's how you're describing it.

If this isn't your sign to change things, I hope something else will sooner rather than later because it will save you a lot of sickness and hell.

Take it from someone who works in mental health, OP. Like for real.
>>
>>16591948
Fucking kill yourself you weak cunt.
>>
>>16592115

Then you should be locked up.
>>
>>16592115

Then why the fuck do you do it to them? If you don't feel anything at all, why not just fucking sit around playing video games and watch TV?
>>
>>16592115

You give up the right to make your own choices when you become a danger to yourself and others. Animals count as "others," whether you want to admit it or not. And truthfully, you only draw the line at small animals because they can't fight back and they won't get you in trouble.

You need professional help, you probably need to be medicated so you can control your urges to fucking kill things. You've already admitted that you get no pleasure or relief from it, and you don't even understand why you're doing it. You need to get this shit under control.

Besides that, carry on however you want. Wallow in misery, if you don't care to make things better for yourself. But you don't get to inflict that misery on fucking defenseless animals just "because"
>>
this is a sign of antisocial personality disorder, being a sociopath, and numerous other bad things

get help then go to hell
>>
>>16592367
I play a lot of video games too. I was playing fallout 4 all day yesterday.
>>
>>16591886
Sounds like you should see a professional. I'd say you have all the warning signs of ASPD but I'm not a psych, so don't rely on me here.

Seriously dude. Get help or an hero before you develop a need to kill humans.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.