[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you guys ever imagine what other people say about you? What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: crap.jpg (73 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
crap.jpg
73 KB, 960x540
Do you guys ever imagine what other people say about you? What do you think they say?

I try to imagine they say good things, which are hopefully based in what I've heard them say before. But sometimes I'm worried I've just made up shit that I wish they said about me and is trying to convince myself that that's what they're saying. Anyone else ever feel this way?
>>
>>16588037
For example I often imagine they saying something like that I'm pretty good at making music, but I need to work harder, which is what I'm telling myself.
>>
Everybody talks shit about me at work.

Atleast I don't have to hear about it
>>
>Do you guys ever imagine what other people say about you?

If you older than 20 the only reason you should care is if you're a politician or it is required/necessary for your job.

Otherwise it really does not matter. You will be around adults who act like teenagers until you're in your 40's.
>>
>>16588037
Honestly from what I can tell everybody talks shit about everybody.

At least part of it probably stems from not being able to know how someone really feels about you. Which is probably one of the saddest things ever imo
>>
I have a code to never say anything bad about my peers unless they are truly contemptible. I don't think most people are like me.
>>
>>16588037
Nobody talks about you, ever, which is probably worse than being shit-talked.
>>
>>16588037
He almost never says anything but he seems nice
>>
File: Connected.jpg (37 KB, 856x482) Image search: [Google]
Connected.jpg
37 KB, 856x482
I used to plant listening devices, until I ascertained that people said exactly what one might expect about me.
>>
I imagine that people talk poorly about me but that shit is not important. For the most part it's just venting and and an exaggeration of their true feelings.

Use your intuition to judge people's loyalty to you. That will matter more than any group-think bullshit.
>>
Whatever people think of you is none of your business. Just think that over for a moment.
>>
>>16588037
Sometimes I get a little curious about it. It isn't hard to figure out what I look like from the outside (fat nerd, keeps to himself and a couple friends, avoids eye contact/conversation with people who don't come to him first, just does his job or sits in the break room reading nerd books, just glad he's not the creepy kind of fat nerd who uncomfortably stares at semi-attractive women and makes cringe-filled commentary).

The only time it really matters is when someone's willing to actually come and talk to me though. Then I start getting paranoid about what they might want from me.
>>
are these just thoughts from within you surfacing
>>
I was really worried about that kind of thing for awhile, and it was making me miserable. I focus on what I think about myself, and I run it. For example, I'm a fucking asshole, and I don't bother to try and hide that, and if people think I'm an asshole, well then they're right, but I have friends who stick by me and seek me out for association, so it doesn't matter
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.