[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Healthy Lifestyle?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_n3j9eoXY4F1sispaso1_500.jpg (41 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n3j9eoXY4F1sispaso1_500.jpg
41 KB, 500x313
How can I encourage my boyfriend to be healthier?
He's gained 40lbs since we've met (around 1.5 years), which I would consider to be a result of poor eating habits and lack of exercise. He also refuses to go to the dentist or improve his posture.
He is very stubborn and just claims that he hates things rather than giving them a shot.
Ive tried to get him to go on long walks with me (to be rejected) and he eats salads sometimes and fruits sometimes, but at the end of the day, he's generally playing video games and eating foster farms corn dogs or cheap frozen breaded meats.
Granted I'm not perfect health-wise, but I realize that healthcare is expensive and prevention today is worth tomorrow's savings.

How do I motivate him to be healthier? I get that it's ultimately his responsibility, but if we have any future together, his health problems will be my burden as well.
Sex is good exercise, but it's not enough to get him to be self disciplined or change his eating habits.
>>
What you do is build a time machine, go back to his childhood and instill good personal habits in him.

He's a slave to his lifestyle, and with the increased freedom and comfort of adulthood he's slipped into not giving a fuck. Simple as that.
>>
>>16583012
time machine? xD if only...
and slave to lifestyle describes him completely. and the search continues as to how I go about emancipating him.
>>
>>16583119
You can't emancipate him from himself. What you're saying is ultimately "I want to free him from his own choices." Careful there massa. He's an adult. He has every right to surrender to his lifestyle instead of being proactive.

It would be better for you to come to grips with having chosen poorly. Trying to fix him is to start walking down the road of the sunk cost fallacy.
>>
>>16582993
>How can I encourage my boyfriend to be healthier?

>before sucking his dick
Tee-hee, your dick is cute, I remember that it was longer. Oh, it's just the fat.

He will be working out like a champ next morning.
>>
>>16582993
he's clearly not using his time wisely and is too attached to doing what's easy (tv, games, movies) because you don't have to exert effort. people slowly get addicted to these things and don't realize it, but would he not be an anxious mess if all he could do was eat healthy and exercise or spend time with people being productive for one day or week? some people (like my parents) refuse to listen to others and don't grow up even by the time they're over 50. if he's not listening to you after you try everything, maybe he's like my parents and not grown up enough for a relationship and/or not grown up enough to not be parented
>>
>>16583129
he treats me right, so I'd rather stick with him and hope he becomes healthier rather than try to find someone else. I also dont think he's completely doomed to his lifestyle, and that's why I came here for altenative perspectives.
>>
>>16583142
in my experience this sort of conduct just makes people defensive :\
>>
>>16582993
If you hate all of these things about him then why did you make him ur bf?
>>
>>16583292
>then
slow down there speedracer, I never stated I hated anything about him. My goal is to encourage him to be healthier because I care about him.
>>
>>16583266
Not if you present it innocently enough.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.