[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 24 and I'm okay at a lot of things but not especially
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: MJ & Silvester Stallone_jpg.jpg (88 KB, 610x687) Image search: [Google]
MJ & Silvester Stallone_jpg.jpg
88 KB, 610x687
I'm 24 and I'm okay at a lot of things but not especially good at anything. I went to college but I've been unemployed since(2 years). I've done a lot of things and met a lot of people but nothing ever seemed to pan out for me and I've yet to make something of myself. As it is, the only thing I seem to have any expertise in is wasting time and opportunities. I've wanted to do all sorts of things, become fluent in another language, play music, be an artist, learn a trade, etc, but have never managed to achieve any of those goals, or even come close.

I think I'm a lost cause, /adv/. Is there anything you think I can do about it? I'm just addicted to wasting my life away and then pouting about it when I realize I haven't done anything with all the spare time I have.
>>
>>16581939
>I've wanted to do all sorts of things, become fluent in another language, play music, be an artist, learn a trade, etc, but have never managed to achieve any of those goals, or even come close.
Pick one and apply yourself.
>>
bumping again
>>
another bump
>>
>>16582038

This and failing that, go get tested for ADHD. You sound exactly like me before I got medicated. I had 1001 hobbies I wanted to pursue but could never follow through with any of them even if my life depended on it.
>>
>>16582294
I have considered that I might have ADHD, it would explain a hell of a lot. Concerned about side effects of medication, though.
>>
>>16582586
ADHD can be treated as a medical condition.
Keep in mind, it is not a disease. It does not happen to you.

ADHD can also be treated like an addiction
or a bad habit

My suggestion, start treating problem behaviors like habits before addictions or diseases.
>>
yet another bump
>>
File: 1443086582793.jpg (46 KB, 375x325) Image search: [Google]
1443086582793.jpg
46 KB, 375x325
bumping again
>>
>>16581939
Well why the fuck aren't you out looking for a job RIGHT NOW? My guess is that you're too comfortable living with mommy and daddy and know your meal ticket isn't going anywhere and they won't do shit to pressure you more than yell at you.

I bet if your parents were kicking your ass out your "ADD" would become only a minor hindrance right quick. I'm so fucking glad my parents threw me out at 22. I cleaned up my act as fast as you could say "tendies".
>>
>>16584198
not OP but mind i ask how you cleaned up your act? am same age and going through a rough patch with parents

after you cleaned up your act did you reconcile with your parents?
>>
>>16584213
second
>>
bumping for more advice
>>
one more bump
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.