[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Girlfriend and I were talking about moving in together >Starts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1437467919677.png (488 KB, 800x1020) Image search: [Google]
1437467919677.png
488 KB, 800x1020
>Girlfriend and I were talking about moving in together
>Starts tossing around "we" a lot
>Wants me to toss my SV650 and my Miata
>Why do you want me to get rid of my stuff?
>"They're stupid toys."
>You didn't have a problem with them before
>"We have to start thinking about our life together."
>Yeah but why do I need t-
>*Devolves into 15 minutes of her telling me about sensible car choices and how it'll be better when we start a family
>wat
>Tell her we need to talk about this before we rush into anything
>"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN DON'T YOU LOVE ME RAHRAHOLAKIJOIFMSLFKM"

I kept my cool until about that part when she started throwing her mother into the mix. I love her, but I think it's completely retarded that I should have to get rid of things I enjoy because they don't fit into her plans for us. Is there any way I can get through to her?
>>
red flag
>>
>>16581035
On my first date with one girl she suggested I drive a lexus instead. I never called her agian.
>>
>>16581035
Yeah, this shit right off the bat. Run.
>>
File: images.jpg (16 KB, 426x282) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
16 KB, 426x282
Abandon thread
>>
Probably not. She loves HER idea of you, not YOU - as you are. It's a big sign that somebody isn't mature enough for a serious relationship if they want to change you. That's not what love is about. Sure, it's desireable to be with somebody that makes you strive to be the best you, you can be. But that has to be out of intrinsic motivation, not because they think you should be xyz.
>>
>>16581035
if my gf told me to sell my SV650 and WRX before I moved in, I'd dump her.

This is also why I asked how she would feel about me having my guns in the house.

SVbros5lyfe
>>
>>16581035
Miata > possible psycho mom
>>
Baaaail
>>
>>16581035
You could but why bother? She clearly expects you to be what she wants. If you enjoy any independence, drop her. It'll be a nice lesson for her.
>>
Bail. Talking about replacing your ride with a family safe one when you guys are married, about to have kids, and can't quite afford it is one thing.

Expecting you to ditch all of your stuff when you haven't even moved in is on a whole other level however.

>Miata
wew lad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp1kuo6xkbE
>>
File: lawrence.jpg (18 KB, 420x242) Image search: [Google]
lawrence.jpg
18 KB, 420x242
>Any way I can get through to her?

A person like her? Probably not.

>aren't even living together
>she's already trying to control you and talks about kids
>any reasoning turns into a fight

Take a step back and maybe consider bailing. I'd talk to her again after she cools down but honestly I'd leave her. This isn't normal behavior and it sounds like you'll be under her thumb should things progress.

I doubt you'll do anything though. I gave the same advice to a buddy four years ago in a similar situation. He ended up staying, moving in, married, etc. She basically has him on a tight leash and made him get rid of a bunch of shit. He rarely gets to see anyone due to working his ass off to support her and each time I see him he looks half dead. He actually told me last time that she 'hates' all of his friends and wants him to 'grow up', hence him never seeing anyone save for her friends. Fuck. That.
>>
get outta there desu senpai lmao
>>
Honestly I think your stupid bikes aren't worth destroying a relationship over. Be firm though and don't make anything easy.
>>
>>16581035
do NOT ever throw away things you love for a girl. EVER. Im so glad you were able to stop youself. My 23 year old friends are already throwing their lives and things they love away for their girlfriends whoa rent even in their league to be begin with. What your GF is doing is a huge dealbreaker man. Really consider that.
>>
>>16581039
/thread
>>
>>16581035
Doesn't seem cool of her to do that OP. She needs to love you for you, stupid toys, neckbeards and all.
>>
>>16581771
I agree, why does she want to destroy the relationship over his bikes? she can just buy her own ca- WHOOPS, can't have the girl pay for her own shit, that's basically misogyny!
>>
>>16581035
dump her. dump her now before she gets her rotten claws deeper into your soul
>>
>>16581035
>Is there any way I can get through to her?
Most likely no.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.