[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
depression/mental illness thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Depression-types1.jpg (158 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
Depression-types1.jpg
158 KB, 425x282
post your stories, questions here or give advice

Don't be shy, it's not like you have anything better to do.
>>
I keep thinking I'm crazy but I guess a part of me knows I'm not.

I feel like I've gotten better but then maybe I haven't gotten better, my way of dealing with depression has just CHANGED. I stopped taking my medication because I just don't want to fucking do it anymore. i want to get better with just counseling. but lately, I can't even get out of bed for awhile because it just makes me uncomfortable and depressed to think i'm just going to do the same useless shit i do everyday.
>>
Is it bad to just go cold turkey off of prozac? i've been having withdrawals but nothing dramatic like trying to commit suicide. My head just feels really dizzy every now and then.
>>
File: 144337825246.jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
144337825246.jpg
36 KB, 640x480
>>16578851
>can't get a gf
>pathetic
>fell like killing myself every other week
it's like i just stop enjoying everything i love once i remember that i don't have a gf.
>b-but you don't need to get a gf to be happy
i fucking do
>>
>>16578862
Yes, its bad. You should do it gradually under the supervision of a doctor. But I think you knew that.
>>
>>16578863
Download This:
speedy.
sh/fu7wN/
David-Deangelo-On-Being-A-Man. torrent
>>
Anybody here on carbamazepine/tegretol? I think it makes me feel flat and gives weird twitches sometimes, although I'm using it as mood stabilizer.

Gonna stop taking it, being hyper and crazy is better than this not-happy-not-sad-potato calm
>>
I'm anorexic
Got caught up in binge/fast cycle but can't break it because binge causes extreme guilt which causes extreme anxiety towards food leading to fasting for two or three days which obviously leaves me fucking ravenous so I lose control and binge. Rinse. Repeat.

I gained two fucking pounds and I still can't seem to control myself. It's driving me crazy. I don't have single person to talk to about this who'll understand because the eating disordered are too competitive and will internally laugh at me for eating too much and the normalfags just don't understand.

I just want to go back to eating "normally". Like, what's normal for me. That's all I fucking want
>>
I was abused by a sociopathic woman for the entirety of my childhood. She's a great actress and damn near no one believes me if I say anything hinting at how horrible she can be. It fucked me up. I have nightmares almost every night about her and I've been away for years. I can't talk to people. I can't trust people.

My family has a long history of mental illness. Almost everyone on both sides suffers from depression. My great grandpa blew his head off with a shotgun. My uncle drank himself to death. Everyone's either an alcoholic or a druggie. I've wanted to kill myself since I was 10 but somehow i never got around to it. I hate myself and engage in some really destructive shit because it makes me forget.

I shove people away and avoid being around them. I read too much into what people say and become convinced that it's all an attack on me. I don't let anyone know what i'm thinking or how i'm feeling because they'll just shit on me for it. i cut people out of my life for stupid shit but the reality is i can't maintain a relationship because i'm literally useless. i bring nothing to the table. i don't have good stories, i don't have self esteem, i can't speak well and i'm boring. i am literally nothing and the people around me know it.

i wish i wasnt born. im a dead weight on society

i wish there were people who gave a shit about me and wanted me to get better, but it seems like the people who stick around only do so because i dont talk back and they can just vent all of their problems on to me.
>>
>>16578957
i know how you feel. i don't know if that helps, but i'm with you. i don't know what made me stop. i don't think anything really did and there's no doubt in my mind that sometime soon i'll start the cycle again. i know that leaving 4chan and other toxic places on the internet helped a little bit. so did throwing away the shit i used to track myself. you are good. you're good as you are and you don't have to care about what you're eating to still be good.
>>
Currently 22 in the USA military. 6 year contract, regretting it after 2 1/2 years in. I really want to get out asap. I've had reoccurring depression ever since doing a stint in funeral services as well as suicidal thoughts/feelings for over a year now. Haven't told anyone.

What do I do? I was so much happier when I wasn't in the military I'm burnt out from my job to the point I have an incredibly short fuse when it comes to anger/sadness and I've spent the last month drinking myself to blackout every night to distract myself from feeling like death.

Help. Please. What do I do?
>>
I have degradation and anal fetish.
Evn though there are girls I could fuck, I do not do it, I would not be satisfied.
I did all this things with my ex, we broke up year ago.
I did not have sex for a year, Im boiling up inside, because what i like takes comitment with someone, and I did not find a person i could have a long relationship with, since girls just have a ton of fuckfriends.
Casual sex just feels so fucking empty to me.
I still think about my ex, only because of how sex free was.
>>
>Be tired all the time, been trying to find a solution for a while
>Was on Vyvance for 3 years and it helped a lot until I built up a tolerance
>Find out through bloodwork that I've got a mutated gene that prevents me from producing serotonin well
>Start on 50mg of Zoloft 7 weeks ago, bump up to 100mg 3 weeks ago
>Only difference is that it's made my gut feel better, made me more regular, and I've started dreaming most nights (As opposed to once every couple of months)
>Still feel tired and shitty
>Broken dick on top of it thanks to a bad circumcision, so trying to feel better through fucking won't work
I just need to share because I don't have anyone to talk to and I feel broken as fuck
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.