[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get energy without consuming drugs? I always feel really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: 1448916794621.jpg (123 KB, 940x933) Image search: [Google]
1448916794621.jpg
123 KB, 940x933
How do I get energy without consuming drugs? I always feel really tired and weak, no matter how much I sleep. In fact, sleeping a lot makes it worse. Eating and going outside don't really work.
>>
By drugs do you mean caffeine?
>>
Drink more water
>>
exercise more often
>>
>>16571152
I mean any kind of drug, including caffeine.
>>16571155
Tried that, didn't work. It only makes me pee really often and is super annoying.
>>16571157
I've been trying that for about 2 years now and it doesn't work. In fact, being able to do exercise properly is one of the reasons why I want energy.
>>
Another problem is that even if I'm really low on energy, falling asleep is really hard. It can sometimes take me hours of just laying down in bed.
>>
Try the Paleo way of food.
At least 2 weeks...
Check how you feel without all the addictive sugar etc...
>>
>>16571229
I didn't go full paleo, but I greatly reduced my sugar intake in the past year, and noticed no difference.
>>
have you spoken to your doctor about this? If all the common ways to boost your energy and feel better aren't working then its possible there's something else going on.
>>
>>16571241
I haven't seen a doctor since our family doctor stopped practicing, which was over a decade ago. I haven't really been sick since then, or had any other health problem other than almost constant fatigue. I don't really want to go see one for various reasons.
>>
>>16571237
What's a normal day food wise actually?

Maybe you have a deficiency.
>>
Work out.
Consider herbal teas.
Eat better.
Do more things that interest you.
>>
>>16571247
Too bad
If you have truly tried all of these things and nothing worked, you probably have some health condition causing it (low iron, low T, thyroid, depression etc)
See a doctor
>>
>>16571133

sounds like your diet is off. i know everyone wants to think they eat really healthy, but odds are you dont. whatever you are eating for breakfast, add legitimate fruit. have another fruit between breakfast and lunch. at lunch have a veggie. during dinner have more veggies.

reduce portions of other dishes accordingly.

another helpful tidbit is taking a micro nap. sometimes in the afternoon / early evening i feel so tired like im going to fall asleep. if i go lay down, close my eyes, and rest, i wont actually fall asleep, instead i just give my body a chance to legitimately rest and catch up for the day, and then im back to doing business. didnt even fall asleep, just recharged. people dont realize how even watching TV or sitting can be draining.
>>
>>16571248
I don't eat much. Usually I drink a Ensure in the morning, sometimes followed by a glass of milk and a banana. Sometimes a snack in the afternoon. Dinner, I usually eat a big plate of meat with other things like bread. Then finally, sometimes one or more snacks in the evening, usually with another glass of milk.

Note that "snack" can be almost anything. It could be fruits just like it could be processed crap.
>>16571255
>another helpful tidbit is taking a micro nap. sometimes in the afternoon / early evening
The thing is I usually feel fatigued even right after waking up, so it's really not due to a lack of rest.
>>
>>16571247
from what I've read in this thread so far its quite possible that you have anemia or hypothyroidism or any number of controlable medical conditions that could be causing you to feel this way

see a doctor, you could even just go to an urgent care clinic, explain the situation and they'll take some blood to examine which would reveal any problems
>>
>>16571258
I mean that could be it. Not enough calories too?

I dunno someone else expand on it. I'm a vegetarian fag and I don't necessarily think he should do that.

>I've felt better since I switched
>is only switched cause I didn't like meat that wasn't artery clogging garbage like cheeseburgers
>>
>>16571258

>even after waking up

thats not abnormal, most people feel tired as fuck after they wake up. do you mean from morning til night? if so see a doctor.
>>
>>16571268
>>16571274
>do you mean from morning til night?
Yes, I do. I really don't want to go see a doctor, though. I'd rather fix this problem myself.

Also, I tend to start feeling more awake after 9pm for some reason.
>>16571272
Yes, I don't eat enough calories. I've tried increasing my intake, but it's hard since I hate eating. I'm not often hungry, and I just don't enjoy eating either. If I could stop completely, I would. Going vegan would be impossible for me, because meat is one of the few things that I don't really mind eating.
>>
>>16571288

>yes i mean all day
>but i feel more awake after 9pm

pick one

>i want to do this on my own
>Despite not having any idea what the fuck is actually wrong and no way of actually knowing without a doctor
>also im too much of a baby to eat vegetables and other health foods to see if it'd actually help

good luck.
>>
>>16571299
>pick one
I don't see any contradiction. I didn't even say that I'm tired 100% of the time, just almost always.
>>
>>16571323

>all day
>not 100% of the time

pick one. and go see a doctor. and eat more vegetables.
>>
>>16571338
I was just oversimplifying it. And sometimes it IS all day, because I don't always get that nighttime energy.

Anyway, I don't think it's my diet, because it has only improved since I was a kid, and since my teenages years, and yet this fatigue didn't happen as a kid.
>>
>>16571346

then go see a doctor. and eat your vegetables. and more fruit.
>>
Try something with these ingredients...

http://www.bodyenfitshop.nl/afslanken/afslank-supplementen/body-fit-sportsnutrition/ripped/#labels
>>
>>16571747
Amd check your hormone status.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.