[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weird rash or something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 20151215_205326.jpg (856 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20151215_205326.jpg
856 KB, 2560x1440
So ive been having this really nasty, bumpy, hard, and swollen thing on my right leg for about a day now and i'll probably have it for the rest of the week, god forbid.
Im not sure if it is a rash, allergic reaction, or something serious.

Yesterday morning i put on pants and thermal underpants underneath before going to school. At school i started noticing my leg was itching in the same spot that i now have the thing. I scratched it a little during school and after i got home i notice it had swollen into a hard bumpy red ball. Second day now and it's still there but bigger, redder, and more itchy. When i walk i feel it move as if it there was an actual ball stuck to my thigh.

I've had something similar on my left feet in the big toe.
It lasted for about a week or two and was red, bumpy, and very itchy at times, exactly like this one. The cause for that one i think has to do with sandals probably irrating the skin since theyre kinda fucked up. Either way it was irksome and lasted longer than i wanted it too.

I also have had the same thing on my hands. Swollen, red, bumpy, itchy, and lasted for two days or so.

I have now noticed it is on my right foot but not as severe as the bump on my leg. I have red small circles on the same leg.

Please help me figure out what this is?
I wish I could go to the doctor but i am in a bad position in life at the moment.
>>
>>16570494
So totally a trip to the ER. The best thing it could be is Lyme Disease.
>>
>>16570522
Oh my god. No.
Im praying that is just a rash. Same thing has happened but it disappear afterwards.

Ill post more pics.
>>
File: lyme-disease-bullseye-rash.jpg (37 KB, 624x452) Image search: [Google]
lyme-disease-bullseye-rash.jpg
37 KB, 624x452
You must seek treatment now, chronic Lyme Disease will make you a shambling wreck.
>>
from new england. first look at your pic and my brain screamed LYME DISEASE
just because it disappears doesn't mean the lyme disease goes away. that shit stays with you. it will fuck with your brain if you leave it untreated for too long.

go to a fucking doctor like now
>>
File: 20151215_205317.jpg (833 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20151215_205317.jpg
833 KB, 2560x1440
>>
>>16570544
But dont you get that from ticks?
Im pretty sure ive never been biten by a tick or a bug. As far as i now.
>>
>>16570551

it's the ayylium inside of you trying to hatch
>>
>>16570561
It's very plausible that you didn't notice the tick on you.
Honestly, don't even give it a second thought, you need to go to the doctor before this fucks you up.
>>
>>16570588
This guy is right, there is no such thing as normal skin irritation to this degree from what you've described. Even if there is, you will need to see a doctor anyway to find out how to treat it. No matter what this is a doctor matter.
>>
I had jock itch once and it kinda looked like that, but just go to a doctor man. He'll know.
>>
If it is a tick bite, you'll just have to take an antibiotic and it goes away.

Are you sexually active?
>>
>>16570522
>>16570535
>>16570544
>>16570566
>>16570601
>>16570671

Thanks for replying.
Im already in the hospital to check this out.
>>
>>16570745
Good.
>>
I just had the doctor look at it. He said it was a "spider bite".
He's gonna give me some medications and to have a follow up after two days.

Just in case some of ya'll wanted to know.
>>
>>16571058
just a heads up but lyme is often misdiagnosed and doctors avoid treating it. I don't know why, but for some reason it's really risky to treat lyme disease.
I hope it is just a spider bite, but you may want to get tested for Lyme regardless
>>
Could there be an abscess or something going on there? That's an awful lot of irritation for a spider bite. I'd get a second opinion, anon.
>>
>>16571088
Thanks.
The second he told me it was a spider bite i knew something was off. Its not a satisfying answer. I felt like he didnt even bother doing blood test or anything.

He told me to do a follow up and im hoping to have blood tests done when i return. Im in a hospital that's not where i go to normally and that adds to my suspicions for them not bothering to do any actual test.

Either way, im hoping its not lyme disease. Also, why is it tricky?
>>
>>16571111
I know, thats why im so suspicious about his answer. He prescribed some pills and cream but the thing is that, this is not the first time it has happened. Ive had something similar happened on my hands and feet.

I gotta look more onto this lyme thing just to be sure.
>>
>>16571160
Trust me man, you NEED to ask for a blood test. I know people who are fucked for life because doctors didn't detect lyme.
>>
E.R. doctors are the stupidest doctors....
>>
>>16571160
there are legal issues when treating lyme. I've known people who've been denied treatment for their lyme disease because the doctors were afraid their practices would be shut down for it

blood tests are a good idea, but sometimes it doesn't detect it. if you feel like shit and your joints feel bad, keep going back
>>
>>16571441
I will when i return for the follow up in two days. They told me to return back to the same place and everything, if they still tell me its a "spider bite" Im gonna go to another place and get their opinion & results just to be sure.
Thanks for replying, all the comments in here have been very helpful.
>>
>>16571470
I will. Im just hoping it's not lime disease.
>>
Tis either a brown recluse spider bite that will cause the tissue at the bite to die and rot or tick bite that can lead to Lyme disease which is a chronic systemic bacterial infection, jsyk u don't get bit by a tick and instantly have Lyme disease
>>
I had this once, if it keeps getting bigger just go straight to the hospital. It was a fucking staph. Aureus septicemia and you can fucking die of that m8. Check it.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.