[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Exam tomorrow >Started studying a few days ago >Realized
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: download (26).jpg (8 KB, 239x211) Image search: [Google]
download (26).jpg
8 KB, 239x211
>Exam tomorrow
>Started studying a few days ago
>Realized I waited to long to study
>Need a 40% on his exam to pass
>At the rate my studying is going, I'm not even sure I can pull that off

I'm actually fucking panicked. I don't know what I'm going to do if I fail...

Last minute cramming tips I guess.
>>
Call in a bomb threat to the school. It'll give you extra time to study.
>>
>>16570315

but don't do it over Tor on a school network like that asian retard
>>
Rapid note making/concept learning... but I'd expect intense brain stress not being on 4chan asking for tips (which is pretty laid back).
>>
>>16570307
what's the exam?
>>
>>16570337
Configuring Windows 8

For some reason they make us take it first semester of my programming course.

The content itself isn't overly hard to figure out. Just the teachers a dick and makes all the test so hard their borderline unfair.

Last test I got a 42% on it and it involved less content than this and I read through my textbooks/notes more than I'm gonna be able to for this.

I'm absolutely fucked.... and I'm trying to study as hard as I can but the idea of how fucked I am is making it so I can't focus.

If I fail I have to retake the class, which I'm pretty sure means I have to pay an extra semesters tuition and in the future potential employers can also see that I failed one of my classes and had to retake it
>>
>>16570360

>have to pay for college
the game was rigged from the start, anon

you're plagued by a disease that's plaguing 80 percent of all students - the dreaded procrastination

it doesn't go away. you die with it.
>>
>>16570373
Next semester I'm gooing to buckle down and be more prepared.

Also, I need a 30 to pass, not a 40. So a little bit of pressures off I guess
>>
>40%
You should at least know your class that well even without the studying m8

Regardless, Ritalin is practically a currency in the Engineering department that I go to for a reason.
>>
I did my math wrong. I have to get like a 5% on this exam to fail my course. I've been freaking out over nothing
>>
>>16570417
Like I stated before, the teacher makes the tests brutally hard
>>
>>16570429

yeah it's always easier to blame your failures on factors other than yourself, innit

disregard all that bullshit and focus on what's expected from you

99 percent of universities are all about regurgitation. your examiners want nothing more than basic regurgitation, and they clearly outline exactly what they expect from you

no matter how shitty you think your lecturer is, they follow rules and have specific guidelines and expectations. that shit's called intended learning outcomes or some other shit like that

focus on what they want from you. nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>16570453
You're right, I guess. sometimes there are bad teachers ut there's always work arounds and figuring those out are up to me.

If I know he makes hard test I should've started studying much earlier than this. I'll be much better about my study habits next semester for sure
>>
>>16570475

said every nigga that dropped out
>>
>>16570484
I'm actually dominating my programming class right now, and from here on out that's pretty much what everything else is, no more of these bullshit unrelated computer classes. So I'm hopeful
>>
>>16570516

i've actually discovered a trick to get yourself working

the hardest part is starting. all you gotta do is tell yourself "ok, today imma procrastinate all day long and do absolutely nothing, but i'll spend 5 minutes. just 5 minutes to find something, some term or phenomenon i can't explain without further reading, and then i'm closing the book / article and never touching it again today"

then you do that little pinkie finger dip and then close the article and before you know it you feel like shit cos you left work unfinished and it's gnawing at you that you can't explain whatever it is that you needed more reading to explain to yourself

kek.. idk if that makes sense. that's why i hate reading wikipedia, cos it's like a tree. you grab a branch and study it, but then there's hundreds of leaves on it, and each leave has a million threads, and all of them look equally attractive to examine. and you can't explain the bigger issue without going through dozens of leaves. shit sucks, and it's this gnawing i use to keep me going further and coming back to the books.
>>
>>16570540
or I can just say "today I'm just fucking sitting down and doing it" and have the will power to do it
>>
Just do your best and if you fail, oh well you have to retake the class.

As unappealing as that sounds, in the long run it isn't that big of a deal. Learn your lesson and adopt better study habits next semester

You can do it anon, I believe in you :)
>>
>>16570600

you never will

this stuff only happens in video games, cartoons and movies
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.