[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
suicide hotline experiences? I've never tried one but I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
suicide hotline experiences?

I've never tried one but I'm considering it.
>>
is it for lolz or you wanna die for real?
>>
I'm pretty sure calling automatically puts a call out to the local police station. They come get you and put you in a ward before you can do it. It's bait.
>>
>>16568132
And honestly, idk why. I'd just let you die. People who don't want to be here shouldn't be here, and it's selfish of us to want to keep you here.

There is no turning back. So before you do it, know this, and this is an actual testimony from a survivor who jumped the Golden Gate bridge. The second your foot leaves that ledge, you realize how much control you actually had over your life. But it'll be too late.
>>
>>16568124
well I definitely wanna die but I dont really consider myself suicidal. I dont wanna die so much as I just dont wanna live. I think I'd be fine if I could completely shut the world out from me and also me from the world. Literally zero interaction. Of course as I sit here talking to you about talking to people.
>>
>>16568134
You're just going through something. Did you know that frogs can sit in a pot of water, and adjust to gradually increasing temperatures? Just when the water is about to reach boiling point, the frog just can't take it and decides to jump out. But it can't because the heat cooked it's muscles and internal organs.

You're sitting in a pot of boiling water. You can survive there for awhile, but know when to jump out.
>>
My experience with them lead me to seek help in the form of medications. I also joined a pro life suicide forum where I could vent and speak to like minded people. I still sometimes want to die but it isnt as overwhelming, life is now just one foot in front of the next, living one day at a time and from time to time I even feel happy and look forward to the future. That is my experience, it is manned by people who do genuinely care. I actually want to do the course one day (which I will pay out of my own pocket) and volunteer to be there to help others just like they do.
>>
>>16568132
This isnt true. I was on one and I didn't have a knocking on my door.
>>
>>16568132
interesting consideration, maybe I wont call.

>>16568133
what about empowering people to stay?

I dunno I just lost 100 lbs and everything is just as horrible if not worse.
>>
>>16568140
>but know when to jump out.
the only way i'm interpreting this is through my plan to just boycott as much of life as i can. I'm already planning to lie to my coworkers about my lack of new years plans and just say I'm going to a party. I feel like all my problems come from interacting with the world so if I stop doing that then my problems will maybe stop. Basically get as close to killing myself without actually killing myself as i can.
>>
>>16568142
> life is now just one foot in front of the next
yeah i try to remember this but I often feel trapped (because I often am) so i cant really move my feet at all and thats when I panic.
>>
build a support network. any pro life suicide forum should be able to help with this.
>>
>>16568144
>I dunno I just lost 100 lbs

I don't mean to belittle your struggle, but this is a superficial concern. Look at successful, confident people in the world. Their physical appearance is the least of their concern, because confidence is fucking hot.

>>16568147
When you're by yourself you stand the most risk of killing yourself, because there's no one to tell you how fucking retarded you're being. If you don't want to be here, go. Life is amazing, and I didn't have it easier than you. My life wasn't amazing so far. But I found the things I love, and they are more than an enough to keep me here and motivate me to wake up in the morning.

It's not that life is hard for you. It's because you were to scared to go out and find what makes you happy, and you want to blame that on the world. Like it's our fault you didn't look for the redeeming parts of life.

Because life sucks dude. For everyone. We all deal with shit. But we stay here because we had the fucking nutsac to find something making all of this shit worth it.
>>
>>16568174
well the point of contention was control and i think thats a very fair example. I exerted a lot of control and it still doesnt matter.

>Because life sucks dude. For everyone. We all deal with shit.
and is this something to talk to a suicide hotline about? I guess thats my main question.

as for why I dont kill myself its just not cost effective mainly because we're all gonna die anyway. However boycotting life is cost effective for me but often difficult to do.
>>
>>16568118
this is bait
>>
>>16568189
How do you figure?
>>
>>16568118
>Suicide hotline, please hold.
>Thank you for calling the suicide hotline, please hold.
>Suicide hotline, please hold.
>>
>>16568185
>boycotting life
Yeah, you show em. Nobody gives a shit about you dude. Nobody gives a shit about me either. Nobody gives a shit about any of us. But I give a shit about me. That's what separates us.

Join the winning side or jump the fuck off a building, loser.
>>
>>16568215
So if thats true then why would I not boycott life?

And I already explained how actual suicide is not cost effective. You don't think its a valuable ability to completely shut out the world and shut yourself off from the world at will?

and if thats true then would somebody please tell the santa with the red bucket? thats just for starters. Lots of people want to chew us up and spit us out. Sounds like you're one of them. Ready for a fight. Well to each their own but you know what they say about the winning move sometimes.
>>
>>16568215
>Nobody gives a shit about any of us.
that all depends on
1. what we look like
2. what we can do for them
>>
>>16568228
>So if thats true then why would I not boycott life?
Because you're waiting for someone to give a shit about you. Nobody is going to baby you. You're an adult, get a fucking grip, man.

And no, I don't think it's a valuable ability to shut yourself off, but I'm not going to stop you from trying. I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm just showing you that no one gives a shit. If you die, it makes no difference. Life will go on, and soon people will forget about you. Life is long. Good shit will happen after you kill yourself, and that will make it all better.

Bye Felicia.
>>
>>16568283
>I don't think it's a valuable ability to shut yourself off
then you dont understand value

> after you kill yourself,
you seem very intent on this idea. Was my thread worded too vaguely? I'm considering calling a suicide hotline to talk about problems that usually lead up to suicide but not to talk about suicide. I very specifically and exclusively addressed the concept of suicide hotlines, i thought that was clear.

what do you mean? lots of people would love for me to die, they'd get all my shit, I'd leave them alone ,etc.

>Bye
see what I mean? you're obviously concerned about what i do, namely severing contact from you.
>>
Guys don't be assholes he already wants to die and some people just keep adding fuel to the fire. Telling him no one gives a shit? That a fucking lie if no one gives two fucks about you that's your problem and you probably deserve it. Someone loves you I promise and If it mean anything I care. Don't listen to the bitches here telling you to die or jump or whatever. I honestly wish I could help in some sort of way. I'm sorry you're sad. I hope you get better.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.