[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Went to Wendy's about an hour ago. I eat my burger and find
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
Went to Wendy's about an hour ago. I eat my burger and find some a sharp piece of plastic in my mouth.

I can't make it out what it is. At first, I thought it might've been a tooth from a plastic fork, but upon closer observation, it's not, and all of Wendy's utensils are brown colored, not clear. Its jagged on all sides, so I think it might be a piece of plastic that broke off of something. A container, maybe part of a hard plastic packaging, I'm not sure.

So I go back and show it to the person at the window(they locked up), and the first thing she says is "We don't sell this in our store."

Seriously. I told her I just wanted my money back. So she walks off and I can hear her saying "He gone go home and find some shit in his house to put in the damn burger."

When she came back, I told her "You know, I heard you just say that I put that in my burger and I thought that was very disrespectful. I work fast food, just like you do, and I think I have the right to bring back my food if I found something like that in it, and I'm entitled to my money back, without your attitude." All she said was "Whatever." Gave me my money, and slammed the window closed.

Now, I don't know whether I'm feeling sick from the thought of something being in my food, or whether I'm actually feeling sick from ingesting practically the entire burger before finding the object, that's been who-knows-where. Can I sue, even though I didn't injure myself on the object?
>>
You should sue the shit out of them Take as much money from them as possible.
>>
Call the cops too. Get the police involved
>>
Call Wendy's compliance hotline 24/7

Eight hundred 256 8595 and ask them to hook you up with their HACCP person.
>>
>>16567656
Why did they assume you put it in yourself? You drove back there wasting your time and gas to try and get a free burger? Is that their logic? Either way call the head office or email Wendy's hq about your experience and they will handle this. Make sure you include the picture and explain the story in detail.
>>
File: LA_Rent-Control_Map.jpg (292 KB, 640x849) Image search: [Google]
LA_Rent-Control_Map.jpg
292 KB, 640x849
>>16567666
Ooh trips
>>
>>16567661
But could I legally do that? I didn't cut or puncture my gums on it. And its not physically in my possession anymore. When I let her see it, she threw it in the trash in their kitchen. I asked for it back, but she gave me more attitude, exclaiming that she's not digging in the trash for me.

>>16567674
I'm black. Everyone in the store was black. I live in a dominantly black city in Georgia. I chalked it up to them just being ghetto black women, as usual. I work for a living, just like they do. Like you said, I'm not gonna waste my time and gas to LIE just for $2.29. I did get their General Manager's name and number, and I will be talking to her ASAP.
>>
>>16567693
It's a joke, son, a joke.
>>
>>16567693
Yes you could. You could have her arrested for destroying evidence too. Call the cops.
>>
Call the police, and have that lady arrested. Thats what I would do.
>>
Just call compliance. Wendy's will greatly appreciate the report.
>>
Fuck that shit. Call the cops on that bitch
>>
How do you know they didn't put that in your food on purpose to try and kill you? Call the cops on that business. Have them all arrested, then sue the pants off of them.
>>
I'm thinking about calling the police, but I'm a little hesitant. I keep thinking they wont really see it something serious enough to look into. Wendy's also just closed a few mintues ago and they're all possibly leaving, so I'd have to do that later on today. Would that be too late?
>>
>>16567693
Generally, you only have a valid claim if you find something in your food which is NOT reasonably expected to be there - the wording is weird but let me give you an example. If you find a piece of a chicken feather in your chicken nugget and try to sue, you would not have a case, as it is something that may be reasonably be expected to be there (food processing unit operations are very complex and thorough but mistakes do happen). Now, a foreign physical contaminant such as the one you described is not expected to be there, and the food may be deemed adulterated, provided it is tested and linked to the food object (you would need both the uncleaned , untampered piece of plastic and burger). However, you wouldn't get much compensation and it would cost you more just to initiate any sort of litigation process. Furthermore, the contaminant must be traced back to the manufacturer, and thus clear the establishment of any wrongdoing. My thought however is that the cooks/management had poor safety and food handling practices and this happened, so it's very likely just an isolated event. Try bringing it up to management or local corporate management, but don't expect to get an exorbitant payday - probably won't happen since you probably don't have the burger anymore and you did not injure yourself.

Food safety is a very important issue, and no matter how many regulations and good manufacturing practices are established, remember that the only thing separating your food from you is the cook/server/management. They're the last step, and it is usually their fault.

Source: I'm a food technologist
>>
For all you know, every burger from that Wendy's has a chunk of plastic in it. They might be trying to kill people. Get the police involved. That bitch at the drive through window probably threw away that evidence on purpose.
>>
I don't think I'd call the cops.

It was likely an accident, I doubt someone put that in there purposefully.
Just remember that your actions could potentially influence other people's lives permanently. That woman was a dick so who cares what happens to her- but if someone who had no part in this got fired because then need someone to take the fall, that would kinda suck.

Also the bigger you make this, the more likely it is that people will think you put it in there yourself to try to cause a scene and Sue.
You should DEFF complain, but if you try to sue. You'll likely just get a lot of pushback
>>
>>16567693
Dude, go all out on this. You could have fucking choked on that shit. Make sure you get some fiber in you, so there's less chance of something getting stuck in you...

You have every damn right to go ham.
>>
>>16567753
Nope. Call the cops and tell them that Wendy's is putting sharp pieces of plastic in their burgers.
>>
>>16567766
You sound like a babydicked kekold

Fuck on outta here
>>
I think that Wendy's tried to kill him because they didn't like him. He should call the cops and have them all thrown in jail.
>>
That's kind of what I was thinking. I can't really PROVE that I didn't put it into my food myself, and I can't prove that they did it either. It was most likely poor sanitation and food safety, as you said. I WILL, however, call their GM and speak to her personally, possibly in person, because that woman's attitude was out of line. I work in Food Service as well. I work at an in-Target Pizza Hut. I'm sure I have many of the same job duties as they do, but for her to accuse me of putting it into my own food just for two bucks is outrageous, whether she said it to me or not. Obviously I can't PROVE she said that, but I will bring it up when I speak to the Manager. I'm not going to call the police, because that'll probably make things worse. I'll just look like an idiot when nothing's done, but I DO want that woman to be reprimanded. That Wendy's, and that employee in particular are extremely unprofessional.
>>
The government might be behind this.Think about it, They're trying to kill people with tainted burgers as a form of population control. They want to kill as many people as possible so that the people who are left will be more easily controllable.
>>
This is the beginning of population control in the United States.
>>
Wendy's Illuminati confirmed?

Anyway, thanks for the advice guys. Guess I can just chalk this up to another reason I strongly dislike a majority of my own race.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.