[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should i list my degree for retail jobs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
I was planning to leave it out of my resume because i think it would make me look over-qualified but then what else am i supposed to put under the education section?
>>
>>16566810
yes list your degree
it can help your employer figure out if you might be groomed for a higher position someday
also make sure to list EVERY school, including preschools attended. this is important for maintaining order in the jobforce
>>
>>16566810
Yes.
It is difficult to explain what else you were doing during those three or four years
>>
No. Unless it has direct relevance for the position. Lie and make up relative experience.

Otherwise you'll be overqualified in a non related field and be a flight risk. Whenever I had jobs i was in charge of hiring I'd throw these resumes right out
>>
>>16567266

That can't be right unless you're talking STEM.
>>
>>16566810
What is your degree?
>>16567266
Depends. I know some restaurants in my area (I'm not from the US btw) have trouble recruiting people so they are desperate for employees
>>
>>16567273
Yeah but as someone who has been the hiring/boss

I can safely say that it's common to prefer someone with no experience to someone with overqualified education

It's easier to train the former than the latter + safer chance they'll stay and not leave for the next best opportunity

If they are truly that desperate why even ask? Just apply
>>
>>16567268
No. From experience when I see education but no job experience I expect one of 3:

>They're going to leave the moment something better pops up - waste of my time
>they are desperate but aren't going to commit to this job, as they feel entitled to more because of their education
>they are going to act like a know it all faggot and disregard training

Even though there are exceptions to this they are so few and far between it's not worth the trouble. Especially when most employers have a lot of options to pick from.

I would like to say I'm the only one who discriminates on resumes in this fashion but everyone I've ever known does the same. Even talking to HR screening people in the companies I've worked for - it's rare to get past interview stage if you're overqualified or overeducated for the exact same reasons I've listed
>>
>>16567295
You seem a bit insecure.

A Psychology degree doesn't fill someone with the sense of entitlement that totally eclipses your walmart job.
>>
File: 1450129180597.jpg (10 KB, 275x155) Image search: [Google]
1450129180597.jpg
10 KB, 275x155
>>16567299
>>
Don't apply for a retail job. Go the labor route, it pays better, and they aren't as worried about a high turnover as retail is.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.