[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/ I'm 22 and 4 months ago I started a job in computer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 4am.jpg (50 KB, 414x650) Image search: [Google]
4am.jpg
50 KB, 414x650
Hey /adv/ I'm 22 and 4 months ago I started a job in computer science. I'm starting to get depressed and suicidal though knowing I have to basically work almost every day for the rest of my life. I know it's such a lazy thing to say but I'd rather just play video games all day than work. It feels like hell having to get up at 6 am everyday and work 7-4. Are there even any enjoyable jobs or do you just have to find the most tolerable one? Everyday I feel like I'm dying from this shit.
>>
If you don't like programming, don't work in computer science.

I have fun at work, I'm a tradesman.
>>
>>16563952
I don't know if you understand but the only thing I really enjoy doing it playing video games. Plus I spent 3 years getting my degree in computer science it'd feel like a waste to not use it.
>>
>>16563931

>4 years of school
>only at the end realize you dont like doing it

OP a question, how will you afford games and a nice gaming rig on top of rent and a car?
>>
>>16563962
You could become a youtuber and make walkthroughs in your free time and wait until you're making money off that to sustain yourself. If fucking pewdiepie can get famous, anyone can.
>>
>>16563990
I already have a car. I know money is essential to living but why do I have to have a set time to go to work and shit. I'd rather get paid on getting shit done cause I get my stuff done so fast that I have nothing to do at work but I'm required to be there to get my 40 hours. Such bullshit. Then there's the bullshit of having to get up so early when I have insomnia problems so it takes a ton of effort for me to get up when I finally fall asleep. I've tried shit like melatonin but it doesn't work. Also I graduated in 3 years not 4. I did work my ass off in school thinking I'd have it easy when I get a job, but instead I just feel like shit.
>>
>>16564010
I've never really liked the lets play/streaming shit. I feel like no one would wanna watch me play video games. I'm apparently socially retarded. My raid group in ff14 thought I had asperger's.
>>
>>16564030
>I'm apparently socially retarded. My raid group in ff14 thought I had asperger's.
All the more reason youtube will eat you up. They fucking love retards.
>>
>>16564023
>melatonin
Maybe try smoking weed? That's usually what I do for sleep.
>>
>>16564043
I don't wanna get caught doing drugs and lose my job.
>>16564035
I guess it's worth a shot I'll get a capture card and shit and start doing it I hope it works out.
>>
I suffer from hating work too, OP.
You know, just like the rest of humanity.
What you should do is keep your days off as bright spots in your week. plan something fun to do on each.
If you're extroverted, go to a bar and meet people or hang out with friends.
If you're introverted, buy yourself a nice game and marathon that sucker all day. treat yourself to some good food.
Days off for me are all about indulgence.
I don't do anything I don't want to on days off unless a family emergency comes up.
You can also make work tolerable by bringing something to look forward to for your break, like a handheld game to play or a book to read.
>>
>>16564058
I've been trying to do that I'm either playing video games or hanging out with my friends on weekends. While I'm at work though all I can think about is going home to play more games though, but I guess I can start bringing my 3ds to play during my lunch break. It's just that sometimes I feel too tired after work and would rather sleep so then I get even less time for games.
>>
maybe try to use your body, Being closed in the mind could be chaotic. Try something that shut down your mind for a while, maybe any sport, yoga, meditation, sex... Our body also need some time to let go and move
>>
>>16564023
Go freelance or start own company. Problemsolved.
>>
What makes you not like the work?

Is it your job? Maybe you need to find another job.

People change careers all the time too. Maybe you can get into something like IT instead of programming. Or maybe something outside of technology completely.
>>
>>16563931
dude i'm sorry but you need to find a different line of work before you go down this road for too long. the reason STEM fields pay so well is because very few people can do it, and even fewer want to do it everyday. those fields are a match made in heaven for anti-social mouth breathing autists that think boatloads of money will solve their lack of girls problem.

get out while you still can
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.