[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a lot of fear and disgust to rats I hate even more the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
I have a lot of fear and disgust to rats

I hate even more the largest (rattus rattus), are just a horror.

> What to do to overcome this?

They are disgusting, daring, it actually scared me a lot.

how Europeans can cope so well with rats? I always see Europeans killing giant rats quietly in reports on TV or internet cases of giant rats invading the United Kingdom or any country in Europe.
>>
File: yum.jpg (10 KB, 257x172) Image search: [Google]
yum.jpg
10 KB, 257x172
>>16563284
Become like the Chinese and south asians, they eat rats.
>>
>>16563284

UK guy here. Recently has a bit of a rat problem at my house actually.

Rats are typically described as "disease ridden", disgusting, etc. But let's face it, so is the hobo you had change to, the dog you let lick your face and the co-workers who touch your stuff, or worse, you, because fuckin' normies love their fucking physical contact way too fucking much.

That is why I'm not scared of them.

They're like people except they touch me less, and don't have the capacity to burn me at the stake for witchcraft if I don't quiet fit in.
Rats are pretty chill.
>>
File: image.jpg (325 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
325 KB, 1920x1080
>>16563284
Just take normal steps to keep your home rat-free. If you want, maybe visit a place or people with pet rats to get used to them (although they are domesticated and aren't the same as wild rats. Like how domestic dogs are not the same as wolves.)
>>
>>16563306

OP Here
I understand that any type of animal is disgusting and all kinds of human contact can also be disgusting
But rats are exaggeratedly disgusting, man. And besides all them, as I said, they are very bold. They are incredibly ugly and do not care if you're going to run after them or not, they simply return to your house every day and find ways to do so if necessary. They are incredibly ugly and bizarre, despite the fact that they can bite you if they are very hungry.
>>
My house is clean. The problem is that some neighbors are fkn filthy pigs.
>>
The only way to get over your fear is exposure
>>
>>16563319

Well, it's not jsut that OP, anywhere in the world you're gonna have pest problems.

Shitty third world, and you're gonna have botflies laying eggs in your skin, hosting yourself to maggots.

Shitty third world and parts of america, you got HIV mosquito's.

Africa has it's warlords and lions and elephant rampages as well as monkeys trained to steal shit.

And fuck, Australia is fucking Australia. Somewhere down there, I'd bet a testicle on this (not mine though), is a spider using a flame-thrower as an intimidation tactic to prevent a smaller, yet stronger spider from eating it.

Worlds a shitty disgusting place, and no matter where you go, disease and pests follow. If you can't live with it, or cope, chances are you're better off offing yourself. In which case, be more wary of your own mind than the pests.
>>
>> 16563333

see videos on youtube can help?
>>
>>16563340

Shit, it was a real flying in my chest that I should read it.

That was awesome.

.. But anyway ... tell me what you do when you see a giant rat invading your room?
>>
>>16563284
Rats are generally healthy and disease-free, even the wild ones. They even groom themselves much more than cats do.

Fun fact: rats are one of the only animals proven to have human emotions, including joy and sadness. They even laugh when tickled. They are so smart, and so much like humans. That is why they're widely experimented on (their immune system is also identical to ours).

They're not mean or disgusting anymore than you are.
>>
>>16563360

I also laugh with tickling :))
and
I thought I would never see someone defending rats .. LOL
>>
>>16563355
>.. But anyway ... tell me what you do when you see a giant rat invading your room?

Haven't saw one specifically in my room, but have seen a few in the garden and porch.

Honestly, wave something like a stick or brush or something to basically push it out of the room. Honestly though, they tend to leave one they've been spotted anyway.

Also, not sure about rats, but found a mouse the other night when I was in my garden smoking. They don't like torches.
>>
File: heinrichandpapa.jpg (623 KB, 1200x812) Image search: [Google]
heinrichandpapa.jpg
623 KB, 1200x812
>>16563370
I can't fully express my love for rats.
>>
>>16563375

thank you
>>
>>16563378

you probably also like leptospirosis
>>
>>16563360
Wtf, only rats have been proven to have human emotions?

What about chimpanzees, or dolphins or elephants or crows or pigs or any of the intelligent/almost-sentient animals?
>>
>>16563378
Rats are GOAT pets
>>
>>16563399
I didn't say only rats. But none of those have the range of emotions like a rat.
>>
File: size_r_pups.jpg (36 KB, 450x350) Image search: [Google]
size_r_pups.jpg
36 KB, 450x350
What I would do?

I personally don't care much for rat's-
But my friend owns a snake and she recently came home with a rat pup to feed it.

... It was cute.
I don't care much for rats (I've met some) , but holding a baby was just conflicting- I wanted to save it, it was softer and smaller and just innocent compared to an adult rat.

Well her snake ate it, but I did protest and even offer to buy her mouse since he eats those all the time. The rat pup was the size of an adult mouse but it was a little baby rat, eyes still closed.

If OP is willing you could get one from the pet store and watch it grow up. Maybe getting to know one personally would help you gain an appreciation?

I was tempted to have a pet rat that day I was.
>>
I understand when you do get to know a mouse and etc.
The problem is that at home created mice are absolutely different from wild rats.
I even would create a hamster, but street rats are very different, both in behavior and in appearance.
>>
>>16563430
oh also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LMgkGesoVI
>>
>>16563454

hahahahaha
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.