[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
boyfriend breaking up with me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
I think my boyfriend wants to break up with me, but he doesn't know how to go about it. It would be the first time he has broken up with a girl. How do I make this easier for him?

Should I avoid him in public places so he doesn't have to pretend he still likes me?
Should I text him less so he doesn't have to respond?

Or should I not do that, so he can bring up the topic in normal conversation?
>>
Huh? Do you want to break up with him is the first question.
>>
Why don't you just break up with him
>>
don't jump to conclusions. why do you think he wants to break up with you?
>>
I don't want to break up with him. I like him.

But if he doesn't like me, or is unhappy with me, this isn't going to work. It has to be mutual.

Maybe I should just ask if he's unhappy, but it sounds a unpleasant conversation and I don't want to initiate it. So I empathize with not wanting to bring this topic up.
>>
>>16563113
Be direct. Why waste your time and his.
>>
>>16563113
>How do I make this easier for him?
this is the behavior of a truly high quality partner
your bf is a fool if he is actually intent on leaving you without at least trying to work things out. obviously i dont know much about you or your situation at all, but i like your style, and i hope to find someone of a similar mindset.
>>
>>16563140
He has cancelled our last few dates, and has become more distant. I'm 75% sure he is already mentally out of the relationship.
>>
>>16563142
Yes, yes, being direct is the best.
> hey, I've noticed you've been distant lately. Do you think this relationship has run its course, and that we should see other people?

But I think it's understandable that I don't want to initiate that conversation. I would much rather he initiate it. Besides, he should if he wants it.
>>
>>16563154
No it's the behavior of a stupid fucking whore, first off if op loved her bf she would try harder than leave a couple texts to see what they problem was. What if someone important to him died and he's upset?
>Oh lol sorry you've become distant do you want to like break up or what
>>
>>16563173
wut?
>>
>>16563188
I'm only 75% sure he wants to break up with me. He's cancelled our dates several times with the normal apologies. It would have been a good time to tell me why, especially if a death occurred. So far I know of nothing.

There's a 25% chance he has the flu or temporary new illness and is too manly to say so, or something similar.
>>
>>16563200
I've been in 2 relationships before, so I'm not super experienced myself. But in those relationships, when my boyfriend cancels dates and is less responsive in conversation, a breakup follows a few weeks afterwards.
>>
>>16563211
Just ask him if he's unhappy with the relationship.

Fucking not that hard. You both sound like kids desu.
>>
>>16563226
<___< we are acting silly, aren't we?

I guess when I see him next, I will "man up" as they say, and ask him how happy or unhappy he is with the relationship.

Oogh, not looking forward to it.
>>
>>16563141
>Maybe I should just ask if he's unhappy, but it sounds a unpleasant conversation and I don't want to initiate it.
You're not going to have a very great relationship in any case if you can't communicate.
Just ask him whats up, why is he acting the way he is, or distancing himself from you, or whatever. Who knows? It might be something totally external that's got him down, and it has nothing to do with you.
>>
>>16563316
Yes, I do have an avoidant communication style. It's hard to change. I try to not be so avoidant though.

Yes, I'll talk to him tomorrow. It's probably not something external, that's just false hope. But hey, might as well get this conversation over with.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.